Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Boring question: house insurance
  • frogger
    Free Member

Really struggling to get a home insurance policy that will cover my bikes up to their value. Any recommendations?

uplink
    Free Member

I take it you’ve tried the ubiquitous M&S?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Ring The Wesleyan. They managed to half the cost of our policy… can’t remember who the actual policy is with but they were/are (we have other services with them as my missus is a teacher) superb!

frogger
    Free Member

Yep, tried M&S, was quite expensive.

Will try The Wesleyan, thanks!

woody74

We’ve been burgled a few times so insurance is hard to get at a cheap price. I have bikes on a separate policy with Evans and Home with Tesco. Renewal all in this year was going to be £1200. Moved home insurance to Ageas through a broker called Fresh insurance and swapped from Evans insurance to Cycleguard (all done by the same company). All in for both £650, so just under half of my renewal. Still very high when M&S was £280 but then rejected us because of the claims.

If you insure your bikes separately be careful as some companies only cover you if the bikes are locked in the home or in a brick garage i.e your not covered if they are in a shed

frogger
    Free Member

Cycleguard just quoted me £509 for 2 mountain bikes worth £3300 and £1500 respectively and an additional £140 for my wife’s £1500 bike! Ouch!

BoardinBob

I’m assuming those that find M&S expensive are getting contents and buildings together? I’m contents only with M&S and just got my renewal through – £11 per month. Can’t grumble with that and only a 5% increase on my current premium.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Boring question: house insurance’ is closed to new replies.