Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Boring Question about Front Mechs – anyone help a befuddled mind?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

I’m just in the process of building up a Cove Stiffee and trying to source all the bits at the moment. My head is minced looking through CRC’s seemingly endless list of mechs.

Cove’s bumph states the frame takes a 34.9mm Top Swing, bottom pull Front mech, can anyone just tell me what model of Shimano I’ll need?

XT/SLX/XTR doesn’t matter, just need to know which model would fit this frame{it’ll be used with an SLX double and bash set up if that makes a difference?}

bobbyspangles

m770 dual pull. xt front mech will do the job

johnners
    Free Member
    bobbyspangles

if you cant work out which mech to use, how are you going to build a bike up? 😉

MussEd
    Free Member

Bobbyspangles! you are helpful with your first post then you burst the bubble of kindness by suggesting I’m mechanically inept! How very cruel.

Thanks!

bobbyspangles

the lord giveth and the lord taketh away

johnners
    Free Member

Cruel, but he’s got a point.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, to be fair, he does have a point. On the other hand, I wanted to upgrade from an old LX front mech to an XT last year and I found the list of options bloody befuddling too. I thought there might be two or three options..y’know, top pull, bottom pull and maybe through your arse pull. I had to ask which one I needed too. Once I knew, I fitted it, right first time, no **** around. So MussEd, don’t you worry, you’ll be fine.

Onzadog
    Free Member

why does the bumph call off a top swing mech? There’s no pinots in the way or anything like that. I thought it was common knowledge that bottom swing/conventional swing mechs were longer lasting and a little crisper shifting.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Boring Question about Front Mechs – anyone help a befuddled mind?’ is closed to new replies.