Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Boring I know , Mavic cosmic Elites Vs Campag Zondas.
  • stanfree
    Free Member

As above , I have around £300 for new road wheels and my choice has came to one of the above . Ribble have a great deal on Zondas with decent Vriedstein tyres included and they are lighter but the mavics look great . Also considered Fulcrums . Any other advice is appreciated.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve just gone for Cosmic Elites…
    They seem spotty dog thus far.
    Considerably less than £300 from Merlin.

Tiger6791

Avoid Fulcrums

Never owned the others so don’t know I but now don’t own Fulcrums and I’m happier for it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wiggles
    Free Member

Campag are fulcum hubs aren’t they? or the other way round…

either way get the mavics

stanfree
    Free Member

Campag are Fulcrum but seemingly Fulcrums are weaker because of a shoddy bearing seal . I owned campag Ventos which seemed cosiderably better than my budget shimanos.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

No probs with Zonda’s here. they look smart, and are stiff as anything, which with my 93kg lump on top of the bike is a good test of any wheel. My only concern/worry with them is if I were to break a spoke I believe sourcing a replacement spoke can be tricky.

It’s a wheel at the end of the day, just get the one you can get the best deal on.

m1kea
    Free Member

Half baked empirical comment ahoy

I’ve got a 2004 set of Zondas which have been faultless if now not a little tired.

In that time I’ve had two Mavic Aksium rears fail in the spoke flanges. Not had any problems with other lower end wheels in that time.

Make of that what you will.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Boring I know , Mavic cosmic Elites Vs Campag Zondas.’ is closed to new replies.