• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Boring I know but recommend me a…….. Land Line Phone please
  • fbk
    Free Member

The (particularly rubbish) ones we’ve current got are thankfully on their last legs and it’s time for a new set. We don’t use the land line much but, when we do, it would be nice to be able to understand the other person so they have to be

Good audio quality
    loud (speaker & ringer)
    DECT
    caller display, preferably back lit

Ideally with answerphone although not essential

I know it’s dull but I don’t want to spend money only to get something as rubbish as we’ve just had.

Any thoughts appreciated

martymac

tesco have some good deals on at the moment, my wife just bought a panasonic one, i couldnt tell you the spec like, but im sure it was only about 13 quid.

fbk
    Free Member

Ok, cheers for that – I might go and have a look.

I was more interested in peoples recommendations though, especially on voice quality.

Harry_the_Spider

We’ve just got some Panasonic ones from Tesco to replace our rubbish BT Freestyle set.

They are a huge improvement.

sam_underhill

+1 for panasonic.

keppoch

Panasonic looked to be the best when I bought for my parents. The ringtones are a bit naff and not loud enough for my deaf mother to notice. Speaking volume and clarity is very good though.

keppoch

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

3 Panasonics here between home and work. Bought based on a Which review.

All good – work over crazy long distances. Sound in and out is fine.

Really loud built in speakerphone if you’re really HARD OF HEARING 😉

Only downside with ours is the menus for answerphone, phonebook etc arent that intuitive but I soon got the hang of it.

meehaja
    Free Member

don’t be tempted by a reconditioned old “dial” phone.

we have one. it looks great, it sounds great, its fun to use up until the recorded message says “type in our 15 digit customer number”. Grr!

surprisingly expensive as well!

fbk
    Free Member

meehaja – thanks for the tip 🙂 . I’m guessing that’s not wireless or DECT though 😉

Looks like I’ll be heading for the Panasonic phone dept then. Thanks for the advice.

finbar
    Free Member

Ignore all that boring practical stuff and get a Jacob Jensen one.

fbk
    Free Member

Ignore all that boring practical stuff and get a Jacob Jensen one.

Just googled that – blimey 😯 you could buy a bike for that! 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that none of the DECT phones will work if you have a power cut, so it’s worth having at least one hard wired phone in the house.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If you want a DECT one it will have to be a Panasonic won’t it? I thought DECT was a Panasonic thing?

EDIT: I thought wrong. 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

Dibbs – fair point, although we get pretty good mobile reception at home and most calls are done on that anyway.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Boring I know but recommend me a…….. Land Line Phone please’ is closed to new replies.