Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Boring I know and much apologies but what mtb for £320?
  • indiajazz
    Free Member

I’m so sorry but I’m desperate to get my missus into it and its her birthday, so I’m looking for something.She only wants about this much spent(doesn’t seem to get the the more you spent the more etc etc argument)
    So far I’ve spied a Trek 3500 disk,a carrera Vulcan and a reduced Commencal El Camino at Chainreaction.Has any one got any other choices? and apologies to ask a question that’s been asked a thousand times!Cheers.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Specialized Myka disc. Around that price.

nick1962
    Free Member

I’m so sorry but I’m desperate to get my missus into it and its her birthday,
    I’m not a qualified marriage guidance counsellor but may I suggest you get you wife what she wants for her birthday rather than what you want 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nikk
    Free Member

I’d up it to £450 / £500 and get something like a Trek Skye Sl Disc 2013 or a Cannondale Trail SL 4 Feminine. Tell her she is worth it 🙂

Then spend £1000 upgrading it 🙂

wobbliscott
    Free Member

When I was getting back into it I got a 2nd hand Boardman hardtail for £350. It was in good nick with only a few minor cosmetic blemishes, but had decent kit for that price. So maybe a good second hand bike?

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’m not a qualified marriage guidance counsellor but may I suggest you get you wife what she wants for her birthday rather than what you want

I have a proper job too and I agree entirely with the above.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Trek still have loads of the 2013 version of the 3700 at a big discount – £400 down to £340 rrp. Get you down to a dealer to have a look at what sizes they’ve got in the warehouse.

indiajazz
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice and for making me smile but she honestly wants to give it a go!!

stevemorg2

I picked a really nice 2010 S/H Rockhopper for £260 – I’d look for something like that and maybe use the money saved to upgrade the fork

mangatank
    Free Member

+1 for nikk. £320 will get you an awful bike. For Gods sake make sure you don’t get anything with Alivio either!

chojin
    Free Member

If she was interested in MTB, she probably would have taken it up by now.
    +3 for buying her what she wants.

She’d only be riding to make you happy, not her.

(Probably).

You can always hire her a bike if you go anywhere which would be cheaper than buying, and if she likes it then by all means buy something!

indiajazz
    Free Member

She borrowed my Soul a while back and loved it.We live in the amongst the Hertfordshire Himalayas so it isnt going to be testing stuff, but every time ive gone out ive come back saying “you d love it etc”
    I know its not the right amount to get anything decent but im now doubting getting anything at that price.

DT78
    Free Member

Trek, wife is very happy with it on her annual outings

khani
    Free Member

Another for secondhand here, the mrs’s brother just got a Boardman FS comp thats like new for £475 off fleabay, they were nearly £1000 new, you’d get a decent hardtail for £400..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Boring I know and much apologies but what mtb for £320?’ is closed to new replies.