Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Boring c456 question
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

Crap question but what chain stay protector size will fit my new c456? Want to get it right first time.

coldhams1
    Free Member

I looked all over for one that would fit mine but couldnt find one. In the end I used an inner tube that I wrapped around the chainstay from front to back and used a small pull tie at the end to hold it in place. Works really well and if you overlap the wrapping provides 3-4 layers of tube to protect the stay.

wwaswas

I got a ‘large’ Endura one.

Problem is that the stays taper quite a lot so whilst it was ok at the fat end the velcro didn’t work at the narrow one so I ended up holding it on with zip ties anyway.

higgo
    Free Member

Inner tube and cable ties on mine.

I’ve never really thought about it since I slung it on but if there’s a ‘proper’ one out there that will do the job and look better I’m interested.

dantsw13

Inner tube for me on all my bikes!! You may want to look at an Alu plate for chainsuck protection too.

The C456 does have an unusually big chain stay, making it hard to get a proper protector.

andyl
    Free Member

Lezyne do a large one that tapers that may fit. But I also just use an inner tube. Which reminds me I need to take it off and clean underneath as innertubes can let mud get trapped underneath which then damages the frame as it moves around.

lucien

Double bar tape (road bike stuff) and a couple of zip ties for me

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Boring c456 question’ is closed to new replies.