Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • bored of moutain biking
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

not sure its my age or motivation, but i just dont get the urge any more to get out and ride, 2 years back I was out at the drop of a hat, out of intrest what is your age, and is 43 over hill,

It’s not mandatory to eat/sleep/breath mountain biking. or anything.
    And you can’t force it.

There’s loads more to life. If you’ve really had enough of riding, find something else to enjoy.

You might rediscover cycling one day. Or you might not.

For what it’s worth, I’m 38.

Still love MTBing but don’t get much time for it any more due to family commitments.

I don’t get as enthused about riding as I used to, but that’s probably because I tend to lose interest in things a bit if I can’t give it as much time/attention as I’d like.

aftershock
    Free Member

I am 50, only really got into MTB in the past year, before that it was moto X or Enduro.

I normally ride on my own as I like the freedom that gives me, at the moment I am training myself for a coast to coast off road ride which I hope to do later in the year.

timmytwowheels
    Free Member

I am 39, for motivation this year I am building a new bike, signed up for the 100km HONC in April and the PDS in June with about 20 others who are all prob much fitter than me …….. motivation is now at a high !!!

Dickyboy

is 43 over hill

47 here & still trying to do proper wheelies, riding through all the puddles, getting drunk & riding around in the snow – prob look a bit of a prat but hey at my age do you think I give a F 🙂

Ringo
    Free Member

I had a 2 week lay off in winter as I just wasn’t feeling it, but i find on the whole if i can’t get on my bike at least every other day i become a grumpy bastard

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

I lost all enthusiasm for all cycling last year and am suffering because of it. I will get back out on the bikes this year!
    The weather was a killer for me last year. I don’t mind getting rained upon whilst out but trying to get myself motivated to walk out of the door to the garage in the pissing rain to then head out…nah, couldn’t do it and last year it just pissed down all sumer long here.
    Bought myself a hybrid for commuting purposes this year so we’ll see how it goes… <doesn’t hold breath> 😀

deviant
    Free Member

I sympathise with the OP, I put the bike away a few weeks ago and have decided not to ride again until spring….an annoying slog around Queen Elizabeth Country Park made my mind up, the mud and leaves at the bottom made pedalling very hard going and eventually my wheels looked like they were sporting balloon tyres, all grip lost and all enjoyment gone too….away from the bottom things dried out but the snow and ice was still present and grip was still largely non existent….was glad to get back to the car, also had an uplift day at Cwmcarn cancelled due to icy conditions around the same time….got no interest in going out in this crap weather again….

dazzlingboy

40, loving road biking at the moment (hence haven’t been round here for a while).

Road biking is low faff and easier at this time of year (for me). Fits with my routine and has given me momentum when I just couldn’t be bothered getting geared up and muddy and cleaning etc etc.

MTB will be back I know when the weather improves!!!

smiththemainman
    Free Member

We`ve all been there! good cure is take a couple of new friends out, it will all be slower , you will find yourself sat at the top of climbs looking left and right and thinking how nice is this and how lucky am I, you will enjoy showing them all the things you have been shown , you will like to make sure u stay ahead of them as they get fitter, going out twice a week head down arse up just mashing the pedals lets u forget the reasons that you actually mountain bike,give it a try ,works for this 44 year old!!!!!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I go through phases of liking the bike and then losing interest. As others have said, there are no rules that you have to be 100% motivated to go out on the mountain bike all the time.

There are other hobbies, like being a full time poster on this forum. You don’t even need to have ridden a bike before, even if you want to Hit Big™.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

OP – just have a brake (pun intended). I got into mtb simply because I got stale with triathlons (plus peed with the rising costs) and wanted a new type of challenge. Feel much more refreshed and keen to get back on my ride back as well. As others have said – life doesn’t begin or end on a mtb!!

scud
    Free Member

I was lacking motivation and found it difficult due to long work hours and 4-5 hours a day commuting. The main key for me has been to mix it up and have something to aim for, also to have good friends that are fitter than me and give me that motivation to want to keep up with them.

– I’ve got very different bikes, one a hardtail 29er, the other a 6in coil front and back full sus 26er, so different experiences.
    – I have HONC, the End 2 End and Passportes du Soleil all booked (suprising how having paid for something and wanting the most out of it can be a motivator).
    – I’ve spent 20 years as a rugby prop forward, so 18 1/2 stone at my heaviest with a 35 inch waist, gave up rugby last year finally and the waistline started to increase, the will is now to lose the weight and gain long distance staminor.
    – Join a club, it is surprising how having a set “Schedule” of rides, can be good, if you no you’ll be riding every tuesday, thursday and saturday with them and if you don’t turn up you’ll get a bit of stick, again it can get you out when the weather looks grim.

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘bored of moutain biking’ is closed to new replies.