• This topic has 26 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Bored in Cardiff Bay – Beer anyone
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am bored in Cardiff Bay and am going for a beer in the bar next door (Eli ????).

Anyone on here local and fancy joining me for a beer?

Any other pubs in walking distance worth visiting?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The glamour of business travel, eh? 😉

I’ve got a week of it coming up as well. Slightly nicer part of the world than Cardiff, though….! 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I was in Port Talbot earlier and Newport tomorrow!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Living the dream, old chap, living the dream….! 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Ashorn Steel works on Thursday and Ijmuiden steel works in Holland next week. Rock and Roll!

Sue_W
    Free Member

Ah, WCA I’ve been down in Cardiff for the last couple of days so could have joined you last night but back home again now.

Can recommend Gio’s Italian near the central train station … but not sure if you’d appreciate the rather charming waiter as much as I did 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Off to Hong Kong a week on Friday, WCA….Then Singapore. 🙂

Still, you can’t get a pint of Brains in Wan Chai. Not even for ready money. 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Great. I get a sexy Italian waiter and you get food poisoning. I am off to the bar. I will monitor this on my phone.

If anyone does wander down then I am the lonely looking bloke talking about the Big Bike Bash to anyone who can’t run away quick enough.

I will probably be on the Duval as I don’t like their tap beer so you had better hurry.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Duvel?

Later posts from WCA could be amusing!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

3 down already while eating the pizza. That’s why I returned to my room for a glass of water and a short rest

molgrips
    Free Member

You’re all in Cardiff and I’m not there! Shame!

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Off to Norway on Thursday, expensive beers 😯

good shout on the Duvel!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

WCA don’t forget to get me my usual Tourist Tat while you’re there! 😀

Do they do little models of the Senedd?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

short rest

Itemised hotel bill?
    🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

but not sure if you’d appreciate the rather charming waiter as much as I did

Disgraceful. Can the poor bloke not do his job without being objectified by leering women? 😐

trailmonkey

you’re in that part of the world and you haven’t taken a bike for your free time ?

epic fail

PePPeR

I’ll be there next week, can you wait? 😉

This week I am mostly in Manchester/Altringham/Stockport!

Last week was spent covering the whole of Ireland…

PePPeR

Actually Trailmonkeys right, straight out onto the Taff trail and up into the valleys! IIRC..

Sue_W
    Free Member

Me … leer? Never 🙂 It’s aesthetic appreciation of form surely? And you’re one of the biggest proponents of that ..

Damned fine pizza though!

Oh, and the Senedd was as stunning as ever. Quite like the government buildings up in Cathays Park as well (even if they are over zealous in their scanning and x-raying – frankly who on earth is going to be interested in blowing up the Welsh civil service? Although, mind you, I have often been tempted …)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

elf – yyou have a postcard from port talbot
    trailmonkry- no room in the business car for a bike

duvalluval flowing well

bullheart
    Free Member

Elf/WCA,

Are either of you in for Team Bullheart at Bonty 24/12 weekend after next? Let me know asap!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Slightly nicer part of the world than Cardiff, though….!

Then, right:

Off to Hong Kong a week on Friday, WCA….Then Singapore.

Why are Hong Kong and Singapore necessarily ‘nicer’ than Cardiff?

Bully; you promised to meet up for a beer last week but then I heard nothing.

I’m too upset. 😥

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Mine is next week 8)

Wish I could say I was bored with all this work! 😥

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Bullheart – I don’t think my legs and liver could take another team ride, sorry.

We are trying to get a Team Bullheart Beer at the Big Bike Bash with a contribution from every pint going your way. Rob the Brewers idea, fully endorsed by me.

Just shut the bar I was in so back for a pee and glass of water before checking out the nightlife*

*or going to sleep as I am old and alone

bullheart
    Free Member

Elf – So you don’t need a lift or a team-place? ❓

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I would love to but don’t think I can unfortunately. 🙁

mboy
    Free Member

Oddly enough, I was in Cardiff today, and spent most of the afternoon whiling away the time sitting out on the waterfront by the bay! Had a very nice time too…

Sadly I had to leave a couple of hours before you posted on here though, otherwise I’d have joined you…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Bored in Cardiff Bay – Beer anyone’ is closed to new replies.