Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bored from Yorkshire – need 29er advice
  • limburger
    Free Member

Sold my lovely 26″ full susser for good money. Now I only have a hardtail Boardman 29er pro left, which is nice but a bit bland – it’s not cool. I am thinking of swapping the frame for something exotic and cool and good. What could it be? Boardman forks are tapered 100mm Rebas, and I’m not sure they can go to 120mm. Everything else is bog standard stuff so should be easy to move over. Budget is about £800-£1000. What frame could I get? It needs to be light and have good manualability if you know what I mean. Don’t like carbon too much because it breaks when you fall off and I fall off a lot. Steel is cool but needs to be light. Aluminium is what I’ve got and I don’t love it but if it’s light and stiff and if it’s cool I’ll have it. Any suggestions?

mboy
    Free Member

Stanton Sherpa

Designed around a 100mm fork, accepts up to 120mm (and your Reba will extend with the correct air shaft).

Awesome handling, pretty light for steel, excellent tyre clearance for a 29er, looks the business. What’s not to like?

steezysix
    Free Member

I recently got a Genesis High Latitude which I’m loving – I thought a 29er would feel less lively than my old NS Surge but it’s great, plus it rolls through rough ground much better. They’re about £250 for a frameset and most of your Boardman bits should switch right over.

dickie
    Free Member

For Sale

2014 Niner Jet 9 29er full suspension frameset, medium, white, excellent condition.

I bought this ex-demo frameset for my wife but after only one ride the bike was split as something else that we couldn’t let go by came along.
    The frame is in perfect condition with only one tiny paint chip near a cable guide, the chip would be under a cable when built up.

The frame comes with a RockShox RCT3 rear shock (lock, pedal, open), one ride FSA integrated headset, & Chris King BB with adaptors to suit Shimano chainsets.

Spec;
    Enduro Max sealed cartridge bearings
    Airformed alloy construction
    30.9 dia seatpost
    100mm of CVA™ suspension
    100-120 mm tapered fork travel recommended
    142x12mm rear spacing
    PF30 bottom bracket
    Forged alloy linkage
    Recommended height rider 5’8″-6′

£875

Picture of full built example

Email in profile for pictures of frame.

Tadcaster – North Yorkshire

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bored from Yorkshire – need 29er advice’ is closed to new replies.