Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Bored at work & thinking of what to build next – Ti hardtails pics pls
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

that Merlin is gorgeous 8)

firestarter
    Free Member

my ti hardtail 😉

nicko74

puddlerider – love the blue matching. I would go for QRs, but I like allen-key releases, and can't find any in blue. 🙁

Ken – was that red paint a solid colour, or more anodising? I do remember the polished look tho. And how about bead blasted – do you have any pics?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ctznsmith
    Free Member

@mick what's it like to ride?

puddle-rider
    Free Member

Hadge, That Merlin is georgeous.

Nicko, I 'm sure i've seen Leisure Lakes selling those allen key QR's in colours.

firestarter
    Free Member

lovely its not as quick as my old carbon bike to accelerate off but then its a totally different bike and you wouldnt get one of these if that was your thing

its very comfy esp after a good few hours in the saddle cant fault it at all the finish is very nice and greg at sabbath is great to deal with

lovely bike tbh i change bikes as often as my underpants and this really is the only one ive ever thought i will still have this when im 50 😉

radoggair
    Free Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm for Merlin, i just loove that bike. one day i'll have one

soops
    Free Member

Here's mine.

Ashley
    Free Member

Okay – here's my Hummer…

darkcove

Here's mine (under all the muck)

cuckoo
    Free Member

duntstick
    Free Member

ken_shields
    Free Member

Nicko….the red was powder coating

and the polished was…..well vvvvvvv shiny

no pics of the bead blasting as I only did it coz flange didn't want it red. It was very grey and flat looking in a v industrial way. If I was going to keep it I'd have had it clear powder coated to maintain the greyness which would lessen with oxidisation

nicko74

That polishing was lovely – I remember seeing some pics of it at the time. I'd be tempted… but I'm lazy! 🙂

ken_shields
    Free Member

I too was lazy and had it done professionally 😀

hummerlicious
    Free Member

hummertime!

Ed-O
    Free Member
    the_lecht_rocks

here are mine :

busted kaka singlespeeded hummer :

dream like rocketship Ti456 :

duckman

I also owned that Morning Glory, I HATED it.Untill Ken sent me pics of it polished,and then I was willing to forgive it.Did you not have a lefty on it at one point as well?

Chainline
    Free Member

That ebay add looks dodgy?

the_lecht_rocks

ed-o : is that a 456 proto ?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Chainline – Member

Go on….

mwleeds

duntstick – You want some bigger forks on that 🙂

brant
    Free Member

Chainline – Member

Go on…. [/quote]

Sorry – I'll try and put some better pics up tommorow.

brakes
    Free Member

not mine
    but want

bobster
    Free Member

New style Hummer.

Crap photo.

duntstick
    Free Member

'duntstick – You want some bigger forks on that'
    Hmmmmmmmmmm, Lyrik coils ………..hmmmmmmmm 😈

duntstick
    Free Member

That's purdy!

mwleeds

'duntstick – You want some bigger forks on that'
    Hmmmmmmmmmm, Lyrik coils ………..hmmmmmmmm

I have a Kobe Ti :). It started life with Fox 36 Talas forks, but has recently been trialed with some spare Revs (20mm BT) whilst the 36's are being serviced. It goes down (and up!) much better with the 36's. I've got some coil lyriks on another bike. They're very good forks, noticably better than the 36's (which they replaced), but I wouldn't stick them on the Kobe Ti, the talas travel adjust gets used to much for that!

What maxxis tyre is that on the rear? A crossmark LUST 2.25? I've been struggling to find a tyre that can cope with the abuse, well one that fits anyway.

peajay

The Lecht Rocks, nice to see your hummer with the carbon forks, how does it ride? Is that the 26inch ones? Santa is bringing me the 29inch ones, to try and keep the angles similar to with the talas on, might even try it as a 69er if it won't be too slack, but initialy it will be a 26inch wheel, what bo you think? Cheers,
    PJ.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Duckman, I forgot I bought it off you. It did have a lefty on it when it was red which worked really well with the frame. Always looked a bit odd when you riding it when you looked down and only sold them to finance a new project

Decals courtesy of Gil @ The Cycleshed

brant
    Free Member

Ed-O
    Free Member

ed-o : is that a 456 proto

Bingo. A rather special one too.

Chainline
    Free Member

Misinterpretation of my description dodgy perhaps wrt to the ebay add..

Further explanation, I am now totally paranoid about my bike(s) being nicked! I would have expected quite a bit more information on the advert if whomever was trying to sell it was going to get the value of the bike. I looked and thought hmmmm, ti456 (as a former owner myself), but no indication of such, does this person know what they have or are selling and if not why not?

And even more so if it was a special proto! but hey, looks like I was wrong.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Bored at work & thinking of what to build next – Ti hardtails pics pls’ is closed to new replies.