Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bored & frustrated – inspire me with Alpine suggestions
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

humph – I’ve damaged my knee cartilage and tendons (too much fell running), and the physio has banned me from doing anything (no running, no biking, no hiling up mountains ….) so having planned to do a fell race yesterday and go biking on Conwy mountain today I’m now stuck at home on a beautiful day.

So now I’m seeking inspiration for a two week road trip in France in the summer. Going from Calais to as far south as Alpe Duez, but looking for places to go to en route or slightly off to one side (for example could include a bit of Switzerland). After great flowing singletrack, not downhill tech-fests (been to Morzine, don’t particularly want to go back). More multi-activity than just biking – looking to do some off-road mountain running, hiking and via ferrata. Will be camping as well, so any campsite recommendations welcome.

C’mon … inspire me with your dream locations – photos welcome 🙂

Olly
    Free Member

currently reading the watchmen novel, the 4 mile deep canyons, and mountains that pierce the atmostpheric blanket look awesome!

(they are on mars though)

Sue_W
    Free Member

mmm … Mars mmight be a bit too far off route when travelling between Calais and Alpe Duez ….

snaps
    Free Member

Zermatt valley last year

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3237/2928485157_15f2114b17_b_d.jpg[/img]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bored & frustrated – inspire me with Alpine suggestions’ is closed to new replies.