Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Bordon RRP Enduro course – what bike?
  • BruceK
    Free Member

Have been granted a last minute pass to race the RRP Enduro on Sunday. The question is what bike- Zesty 140mm with unsuitable grippy (2.35 High Roller and Crossmarks) tyres or Steel SS hardtail with similar tyres?
    I think I’m going to do the 4hr.
    Is it swoopy enough to be competitive(ish!) on the Singlespeed or rough enough to benefit some bounce? Any local/race knowledge appreciated.
    ta
    Bruce

willej

It’s certainly not rough enough for the Zesty but I’d rather have the gears round there. I’m local and ride through there on a lot of rides I do as one of my regular riding buddies lives just around the corner.
    I don’t know which of the trails they’re going to use for the course but it is very up and down, no real big climbs nor descents but lots of fun pumpy undulating bits and a couple of cracking-but-short downward bits. It’s mostly ferny, sandy loam single track with lots of roots. Took this there:

Make sure you have fun 🙂

BruceK
    Free Member

Cheers: its basically an exercise in laziness in not adding gears or changing tyres! Sounds likes fun, tho. Being indecisive, I might take and try ’em both! Great photo btw!

willej

Cheers. If you’ve got the legs you’ll probably be OK on the SS. I might come and spectate for a while and do some cheering. My Mrs has just suggested I could race! Hmmm…

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Forecast good for tomorrow – but is it raining nice and hard around Bordon at the moment?

beaker

Bordon is where I ride during my lunch hour when I can. As it’s not rained that much recently the trails up until today would’ve been dry and quick. The rain today will make it a bit boggy in places but thats about it. Expect short sharp climbs and quick sandy singletrack decents. Have a good ride!

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Good promo video on last years here;

xcracer

Looks like it was very dry when that was made though.

njee20
    Free Member

It rained last year and turned into a total bogfest, hope it’s not got too wet, I’ve still got Racing Ralphs on!

There’s no big climbs there, more short, sharp grunts, so the SS will likely be fine. There’s nothing technical, so I’d probably choose the SS.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it today. I managed 3 laps in just over 2 hours, and enjoyed each one. The area definitely isn’t what you’d call technical but all the berms were great fun.

Thanks to Chris and the guys and girls from West Drayton MBC for organising, lets hope the weather next year is as good.

Moda
    Free Member

Anyone know where the results will be posted up ?

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Couldn’t make it today – shame as it was a great course last year despite the monsoon.

If anyone got a GPS plot of the course, please could you mail it to me? Email in profile – thanks.

dobo
    Free Member

love that course, bordon is great. only did 3 laps in the 2hr as i thrashed the 2nd lap coming in at 1:45ish 7th but will get pushed back by loads people doing the 4th lap, fair play to them my my back was killing!
    think njee or someone fast was tryin hold a conversation whilst goin up hill lol, black bike, black top?
    wheres the results going to be posted?

offthebrakes
    Free Member

GPX not needed now – thanks 🙂

Janesy
    Free Member

Reply To: Ronde van Vlaanderen

It was a good race.

Now where r the photos?

dobo
    Free Member

thanks for results, cant believe so little people attended for such a good race

njee20
    Free Member

Agree it was a real shame attendance was so poor, but it meant I won the 2 hour! Good course I thought, although I got annoyed with all the tight turns at the end of fast sections!

Doesn’t sound like me dobo, I was in West Drayton kit, like everyone, on a black/white bike.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Photos here;

photos

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Bordon RRP Enduro course – what bike?’ is closed to new replies.