Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • BOR hubs
  • frankconway

Have just started to renovate an Indy Fab single speed and am undecided about hubs; the only certainty is they need to be 6 bolt disc specific.
    So……any experience of BOR?
    They’re made in Germany so engineering will be good.
    I have Hope, DT Swiss & Superstar hubs on other bikes – no problems with them but maybe something different this time.
    Chris King & Phil Wood are possibilities.
    Let me know what you think.

mboy
    Free Member

BOR hubs are rebranded Tune

They’re VERY light, amongst the lightest hubs on the market for certain.

They’re not the most robust. I’ve seen a few hub shells fracture, and the freehubs are nowhere near as strong as King/DT/Hope.

Couldn’t happily recommend them unless you were 10st ringing wet, and were riding with a full compliment of gears. Even then I’d have my reservations.

neilforrow

My experience is a little different that that of mboy’s above; I’ve had a set of the md7 hubs for the last three years and they have been very good.

In that time they covered all my general riding, went to the Alps three times, few races incl the enduro 2 twice, some uplift days etc. I’m 13 st and ride a solo so not exactly easy on them. I did end up cracking the front hub recently but went and got another as I’ve been that impressed.

The tollerances are tight so the bearings last. The free hubs are good, and you can swap the bearings easy on those. Very simple design and easy to work on.

They are very light as mboy said.

I’d reccomend them.

z1ppy

Have a set of orange one for sale, if there of any use? Fronts done a few miles, rear a BNIB warranty replacement.. 😳

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘BOR hubs’ is closed to new replies.