Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Booze in jugs
  • theotherjonv

Who likes a handle and who likes a straight glass. And does anyone like one that looks like a vase with the flowers taken out.

PMK2060

I like a handle. Especially when supping cold lager in the summer.

jimjam
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    P-Jay
    Free Member

Handle glass every time, hard to find in pubs in the UK.

giantalkali
    Free Member

Plastic, straight sides, every time

sbob
    Free Member

Traditional pineapple tankard, half if I’m running a beerfest ’cause halves don’t count.
    Plastic litre beaker for vino.

CheesybeanZ

Will it have the same feel as silicone .

hodgynd
    Free Member

Yeah Eddie ..my idea of heaven too 8)

the-muffin-man

Yeah Eddie ..my idea of heaven too

…won’t the beer get warm though!? 😕

bikebouy
    Free Member

Tall, upright and straight..

No “froth” or “head”

wiggles
    Free Member

Booze in jugs, is that what happens when a breastfeeding woman has a bottle or 2?

senorj

Straight glass . With a head.

mattyfez

Booze in jugs you say?

mattbee

My local always asks which you’d prefer if you’re on proper beer instead of crappy mass produced stuff.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Straight.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

When I lived in NZ you were served beer in a 2.5pint jug and given a half pint glass. Much easier

aracer
    Free Member

Jug with a handle. Very rare, had my drinks in one for the first time in ages last night – and at a pub I spend a lot of time in and have never been given a jug before. Highly appropriate as I was with a load of people dressed up Victorian style, and it’s kind of an old fashioned thing. Bloke I was with beats either though – he brought his own pewter tankard!

slowoldman

Straight. I have a nice leather and pitch tankard too for when I’m playing out.

Cowman

There’s a pub in arncliffe in the Dales that still only serves pints in a jug out of a barrel.

jimjam
    Free Member

mattbee – Member

My local always asks which you’d prefer if you’re on proper beer instead of crappy mass produced stuff.

Doesn’t sound very STW. As a minimum standard you should be aiming for freshly brewed 15% Imperial rasberry sour stout colab ipa at an invite only tap room in an industrial estate (or a barn). Plastic school chairs and tables made out of pallets, candles for lighting and fresh food provided by a married lesbian couple serving goats cheese and vegan crisps.

Cowman – Member

There’s a pub in arncliffe in the Dales that still only serves pints in a jug out of a barrel.

….close.

slowbloke
    Free Member

I only used to drink from the skulls of my vanquished enemies but sadly they aren’t dishwasher safe so I had to go all modern and use a pottery tankard instead.

chip
    Free Member

i Drink my special brew straight out of the can like everyone else down the park benches, although this time of year I Like to keep it cloaked in a festive bag to stay one step ahead of plod.

mattbee

JimJam, that IS my local! 😉

finbar
    Free Member

My first shift in a very nice country pub I used to work in (been in Country Life magazine etc.), and I made the mistake of serving the person who’d been waiting longest instead of one of the local farmers at the far corner of the bar.

The chap – who I later learned was called Joe – threatened to come behind the bar and lamp me if I didn’t get my priorities in order. He had a glass tankard with his name engraved on it, and much later one of the waitresses accidentally dropped and smashed it. Joe took it better than I expected, but she was very, very attractive 😆

CountZero

The pub I now have as my regular drinking spot not only has sleeve and old-style dimple mugs, it also has these, which I always ask for:

They cost £6 on Amazon!
    I’ve got one, put a fiver in the charity box, and one from another pub I was a regular at, with Fuller’s ESB etched on the front.
    Even better, my regular pub has a beer loyalty card for regulars, buy five pints and get the sixth free! 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Real beer in the pub!

Poopscoop

aracer – Member
    Jug with a handle. Very rare, had my drinks in one for the first time in ages last night – and at a pub I spend a lot of time in and have never been given a jug before. Highly appropriate as I was with a load of people dressed up Victorian style, and it’s kind of an old fashioned thing. Bloke I was with beats either though – he brought his own pewter tankard!

Not the Dickens Festival down in Rochester by any chance?

aracer
    Free Member

No, Worcester Victorian Christmas Fayre – we were doing a themed interactive street theatre thing https://www.facebook.com/events/102979060426337/ – which the public seemed to really enjoy, though apart from spending 4 hours a night in the cold, I reckon it was far more fun for us performers! (those who know what I do should be able to find some pics of me in https://www.facebook.com/pg/WorcesterFayre/photos/ 😉

Back on topic, the really strange thing is I was at the same pub again last night, but went initially with a different group. My first pint bought by one of my mates from that was in a straight glass, the next ones bought by the organiser of that event came in jugs (yeah, I was “freeloading”, but the beer was “payment” for our labour)

tjagain

straight glass every time

trail_rat
    Free Member

surely id depends what your drinking ?

at home i like a pilsner glass – in the pub i do like when you get a tankard but alas most of the time when i drink out its in a shit hole and you get an “ale” glass.

what i hate is the dinky glasses brewdog use(legitimately my local brewery ;)) . what is this thimble of uselesness i asked for a pint. try again.

slowoldman

surely id depends what your drinking ?

That’s what they want you to think.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i was being slightly tongue in cheek but i posted the picture so i could identify the glasses i like to drink from as other wise i would have said something like “the tall wineglass with the short stem style”

😀

aracer
    Free Member

Well there we go, I’ve been drinking stout out of jugs. But then I’ve been drinking a lot of stout recently, including in that pub and always got straight glasses before.

They don’t show a proper straight glass in that picture though – of the sort in bikebouy’s pic. That’s what pubs round here mostly seem to serve in nowadays rather than an “ale” glass.

jon1973
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbe0gj97FQM[/video]

tjagain

trail rats picture is correct. I drink ale hence an ale glass

simondbarnes

Definitely prefer a jug, preferably dimpled.

GrahamS

Straight with a bulge at the top to stop your hand slipping off.

It’s nature’s way.

brakes
    Free Member

stumpy tulip glass for bottled beer.
    a handle for halves.
    straight with a bulge for pints.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Booze in jugs’ is closed to new replies.