Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Booze Death Calculator
  • uplink
    Free Member

Easy to use ready reckoner so you can keep yourself just the right side of the grim reaper 😉

A bit American but it gives you the idea
    32 bottles of Guinness would apparently see me shuffled off this mortal coil – best just drink 31 then 🙂

http://www.barstools.net/booze_death/

zarquon
    Free Member

well if alcohol just got "invented" you could never register it as a chemical or even a pesticide: known teratogen, carcinogen, neurotoxic, addictive, high mammalian tox.

Mind you just discovered some great Swedish and Danish microbreweries and was perfectly content to pour pints containing said neurotoxin down my fat face…

thomthumb
    Free Member

26 bottles of corona – hmm been there done that NOT dead. Although felt like it the next day.

also why no cider? rubbish.

willard

27 glasses of wine? How big is a glass? I have one at home that holds 600ml if I brim it, or about 300 if I fill it correctly; would that do it?

How about a small glass? Or a tumbler if all the wine glasses are in the dishwasher?

That is just stupid. Totally pointless. Why didn't they just say 4 bottles or something.

Nick

That is just stupid

welcome to the Internet

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Useful. Off to a wedding in Poland this weekend where vodka flows freer than….errr something, must remember only 21 shots! 22 and that's that.

Keva
    Free Member

silly

coffeeking
    Free Member

The death calc is not accurate, it claims 25 shots (625ml) of vodka to kill me. I have, in my younger days, downed a whole bottle of vodka in one night and that was when I weighed about 15kg less than now. I did pass out, but I didn't die.

How about a small glass?

A glass of wine is, officially, 125ml. So it's not silly at all, it's just the end user is not aware of the measures!

AndyP
    Free Member

If a 'shot' is 25mL then vodka should have killed me many times over. Meh. Sizing info needed.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Standard shot size is 25ml. Standard wine glass size is 125ml.

AndyP
    Free Member

Standard shot size is 25ml. Standard wine glass size is 125ml.
    that's what's used as 'standard' in the UK, sure.
    but is that what has been used for that calculator? I can't see that anywhere on the page.

uplink
    Free Member

Blimey – I'm not sure you're supposed to take this seriously guys

😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

Americans do shots larger, this would explain my being alive 🙂

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shot_glass

AndyP
    Free Member

that's more like it, although I've clearly still apparently cheated death a few times. Ho hum.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

its based on a 3 hour period as well, the average bender lasts much longer, a bottle and a bit of vodca in 3 hours would be an achievement! Quick back of an envelope maths says a shot is 35ml on that calculator.

35 units int he bloodstreem to kill a healthy average bloke is the normal answer i think. But you'd struggle, alcohol is quite safe as soem peopl euo there found —-^. It renders you unconsious well before you can drink sufficient to kill yourself, as long as your not downing neat spirit by the pint.

AndyP
    Free Member

a bottle and a bit of vodca in 3 hours would be an achievement
    warm vodka, granted. Iced Stoli goes down like water.

Drac

Standard UK measure for shots is 35mls it was 25mls at one time.

Ooops I'm getting mixed up some what it is 25mls.

soobalias
    Free Member

twenty six guinessesssss in three hours.

still its bottles so probably do it with 20pints

thats a pint in ten minutes give or take

and with crisps peanuts and pork scratchings and a couple of rollups, thats gonna require a £100 withdrawal from the bank this afternoon.

uplink
    Free Member

You need to drink in cheaper places soobalias

Guinness is £2.40 in my local

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Booze Death Calculator’ is closed to new replies.