Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • boots for winter (snow) what is good?
  • rOcKeTdOg

warm, comfy, waterproof and good for wearing all day, any recommendations? as my salomans have just about been finished off by the latest snow

Dave.
    Free Member

Shimano MT90’s

allthegear
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

🙂

do not need to be biking specific

woody2000

My HiTec V-Lites are doing ok so far (2 winters), and had the advantage of being cheap as chips (TKMaxx FTW). Comfy, light and reasonably weatherproof 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

http://www.purekit.com/src/columbia/columbia-bugaboot-omni-heat-boot-prod31502/

i’ve just brought the Shastaviata – if i lived somewhere snowy i’d go for the one above

fastindian
    Free Member

aldi, monday 27th december

£14.99 😀

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve been wearing a pair of these.

A little over-booted but I’m warm and dry.

donsimon
    Free Member

I got myself a pair of these last winter.

They’re waterproof, at least for one winter, and cheap! They’re light, warm and comfortable enough to wear all day.
    Decathlon’s definitely worth a punt.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Berghaus explorer ridge’s

tang
    Free Member

aside from my zamberlan walking boots ive been wearing keen targhees, dry, warm, light weight and the roomy toe box means you can wiggle.

john_drummer
    Free Member

parkesie
    Free Member

Had my karrimor events for years comfy warm and waterproof what more do you need.

Harry_the_Spider

Are they your legs John?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Meindl. Takes about 200 miles to wear them in mind…

john_drummer
    Free Member

yes. totally hairless

nidderdalenath

five tens with merino wool & sealskins socks over the top do the job for me. they are quick for a bit of off the bike / unavoidable portage too. :mrgreen:

ferrit32
    Free Member

I have been mostly wearing some Jack Wolfskin hunter boots similar to these, mine have a removable thinsulate inner boot and a retractable crampon in the heel. They are huge but chuffin’ warm and completley snow proof.

Also worn my Raichle All Degree GTX but they have a very stiff last so not ideal for general wear. They are however super warm and water proof.

samuri
    Free Member

aldi, monday 27th december

£14.99

If they’re anything like the cycling jacket I bought fromn ALDI a few months back then they’ll be superb! I’m convinced it’s an unbranded big name item but I’ve not figured out which one yet. Very warm, excellent quality cloth, fits perfectly.

CountZero

I’ve got two pairs of Lidl winter boots and they’re fantastic value for money, and they’ve been invaluable this winter in the snow, with a pair of M&S double layer wool socks in. Seriously tempted by a pair of these though:
    http://www.cozymole.co.uk/winter-boots/olang-canadian-snow-boot.html

Fantastic value by the look of them.

epicyclo

Keen sandals and SealSkinz socks with a liner sock.

Out today for 3 hours, toasty toes.

DrJ

Sorel FTW

mogrim

I’m sure they’re lovely boots, but I’d look pretty stupid in that dress.

Another vote for cheap ‘n cheerful HiTecs, warm and comfortable.

maccruiskeen

standard, ordinary Catapillar boots. Its only a bit of snow, not an attempt to reach the pole. Warm and grip well in the snow. Wear them the rest of the year too and they won’t wear out any time between now and when you die.

myheadsashed

you want warm……

http://www.baffin.com

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘boots for winter (snow) what is good?’ is closed to new replies.