• This topic has 25 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by devs.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Boots for Dogs (on topic)
  • scruff
    Free Member

As the grounds dried out Banffs paws are getting cut when hes out with me on the bike, so hes in a grump as Im not taking him now. Anyone recommend some good strong vfm boots for him?

Seems to be allsorts form £10 to 40odd plus special doggy socks.

singlespeedstu

Tell him to DTFU.

Stoner
    Free Member

sheldona has some for his Spaniel, doesnt he?

Onzadog
    Free Member

We had some griptrex boots by ruffwear that seemed to do the trick. We had to order them in from the states though. We don’t use them now as Bailey is getting on a bit and has a bad back and bad knees so his trail days are over (not caused by the running I might add). had to gte infant socks to go under them though as they did rub quite a bit.

richc
    Free Member

The bike shop at Mabie stocks ruffwear, not sure if that helps you though

singlespeedstu

Paddi, sheldons mongdog wears ruffwear.

scruff
    Free Member

DTFU.

😛

Pook

DTFU hahahahhahhaa

😆

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Got some ruffwear ones for my hound, very funny when you first put them on the dog cuz they lose abit of feeling in their pads so they end up walking around like their walking on hit coals. Had a few probs with mine as they kept falling off and in the end they had to be so tight it was killing the dogs feet and they tended to rub the dogs ankles. Don’t use em anymore but take them with me just incase of a cut pad

sheldona
    Free Member

Yup Paddi loves his Ruffwear boots, got them from Mabie. Take the time to measure your dogs feet properly though and get a roll of gaffer tape if your dog like water 🙂

GolfChick
    Free Member

aint there some kind of cream or somet you can put on to moisturise em more?

sheldona
    Free Member

Less of the mongdog Stu or he’ll pee in your shoes!

keyses2

I use paw wax on my dogs paws, it protects them and also helps them grip.

singlespeedstu

What else do you call a dog that chases invisible ghosts/moths/spiders. 😉

sherry
    Free Member

How do you get the gaffer tape off without tearing the hair out?

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

My mate makes them with Cordura and velcro straps for his Huskies. I think I bought them for £5 – £10 iirc to stop one of our dogs from chewing her feet

emac65
    Free Member

I walk my dog plenty so his feet are nice & tough.
    Plus he’s too’ard to wear poncy slippers 8)

PePPeR

I could do with a set of these for Louis, he’s had a huge thorn removed at great expense this past month and I pulled another one out just yesterday, it seems that as the hedges have dried out he seems to be picking up a lot of thorns now.

headfirst
    Free Member
    Dancake
    Free Member

ha ha ha. DTFU made me wee myself

Never seen the need for boots though. Curiously my Springer can run at 100MPH through a thorn bush after a rabbit and suffer no ill effects but one little grass seed and its hello credit card and a phone call to the insurance company…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Canine Spirit are the UK importers of Ruffwear I think you can buy online here canine spirit

scruff
    Free Member

Banffs 25kg and will run full pelt for hours, our local trails in the summer are soft/hard sand and gravel-must be like running on sandpaper for him. Just have my doubts if he’ll keep them on, I think he’ll just rip them off, he can chew anything to bits in seconds. Hes a bit of a foot chewer anyway, less now after we’ve cut out all dairy titbits for him.

These seem good-http://www.dogbootsactive.com/

Just need to get him to stand still for a minute so I can measure his paws.

scruff
    Free Member

and lol etc-

Sandwich

Sheldon have you tried vet wrap to hold the boots on? Sticks to itself rather than the dogs coat?

singlespeedstu

Just have my doubts if he’ll keep them on

Just do what sheldon does and put them on seconds before you burn off on the bike.

That way he’ll have no time to think about trying to get them off.

devs
    Free Member

I can’t remember if it was meths or surgical spirits we used to put on our greyhounds’ feet to toughen them up for hours of road walking. It worked though. Worth a shot.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Boots for Dogs (on topic)’ is closed to new replies.