Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Boot liner – after market options
  • catsplums
    Free Member

Hi,

I am looking to get a liner for the boot of my CRV, mostly to keep stuff from sliding around but also for easy of cleaning and stop anything soggy from damaging the boot carpet.
    The Honda original item is circa £100 which is a bit steep for a bit of rubber so I am wondering if there are any good after market options…
    I would like a rubber one (no comments please ;)) rather than a fabric or plastic tray.

Anyone have any experience??

Many thanks
    Neil

sharkbait
    Free Member

Rubber may be more expensive as it needs to be molded to shape which requires investment/expense.
    Fabric ones can be made by hand so ‘should’ be cheaper. They may also protect the sides of the boot.
    £100 is less than a tank of fuel and not much in the grand scale of things.

MrTall
    Free Member

There’s a load to choose from on eBay. I bought one for my car and it’s been fine. It was around £30 I think.

Albanach
    Free Member

I got a machine washable neoprene type boot liner from ALDI about 4-5 years ago and it’s still going strong after getting dogs abuse from logs, bikes, moving house, dirty boots etc I think it was about £7 ish and could be trimmed to size if you were bothered but I just left it as it was.

thegreatape
    Free Member

OP I hope you don’t mind a slight hijack but the people who can answer your question might be able to answer mine!

Where is a good place to look for seat covers? Specifically, ones to keep mud off the seats.

catsplums
    Free Member

Mr Tall

was yours rubber? if so can you point me to the seller please as none of the ebay ones I have looked at specifically stated what material – just that they are non slip, don’t want to waste 30-40 quid on a plastic item only to break it somehow.
    seat cover is also a good point, also interested in opinions on whos are good or not.

MoreCashThanDash

Think we had a thread on this the other day about putting bikes in cars, and the answer seemed to be Hatchbags

sharkbait
    Free Member

I take it all back about rubber being more expensive!
    (although I was really talking about ones that are shaped to fit and have an upturned lip at the edge)
    Good to see you can get them cheap.

spudly1979
    Free Member

Hi, just spotted that aldi have both seat covers and boot liners on sale tomorrow!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Damn this town for not having an Aldi

stumpy01

Still not cheapy cheap cheap, but less than £100.

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel3.php?query=592&emulate=carbox&vptype=917

They seem to do them for all ages of CRV.

allthepies
    Free Member

It’s a mat isn’t it rather than a full liner ?

peterfile
    Free Member

Think we had a thread on this the other day about putting bikes in cars, and the answer seemed to be Hatchbags

+1

there are undoubtedly cheaper options, but in terms of a fit & forget solution, you can’t beat Hatchbag imo.

I’ve got one in my old car, but not yet in the new one. I’m currently using a bit of tarpaulin and to be honest it’s just made me realise how good the hatchbags are. I’ve had litres of screenwash, oil and other stuff leak all over my boot, only have to wipe it out every now and then, have had everything from rubble to bikes in there…removed it after 2 years and there isn’t a mark on the inside of the car. It’s much tougher than it looks, I think you’d have real trouble trying to tear it.

mt
    Free Member
    Albanach
    Free Member

thegreatape-I got town & country seat cover for my car when I got it and they have been the business. Not a single mark on the fabric seats under the covers – the only complaint is that accessing lever on side of seat is restricted due to fabric but that’s a very small complaint. I think I ordered from an eBay store.

DezB
    Free Member

I just got one of these – http://r.ebay.com/uD2kad – £19
    Really don’t see the point in paying more for something designed to get filthy and wrecked. It’s not car specific, but it covers all the vital parts and is a nice, tough canvas. Would rather pay out for 5 of those than 1 £100 item!
    (Ah, it is not rubber!)

thegreatape
    Free Member

Thanks albanach, I’ll check them out.

Tracey

We have had a couple of them of ebay. They have been as good as the dealer ones we had and a lot cheaper

Used this guy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CR-V-2012-onwards-black-tailored-car-boot-mat-liner-L8180-E-/331337720242?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACR-V&hash=item4d254461b2

cookeaa

I’ve been looking at a few cheaper “Universal” boot liners on ebay lately as well as some cheap seat covers just to save the upholstery from the ravages of both bike and child transportation…

I’m thinking I’ll Maybe spend ~£30 on a few cheap items to protect the rear half of the car, maybe a cut to size rubber mat over one of those basic nylon universal liner’s that velcro over the boot sides/back of the rear seats, could work quite well…

I also want to remove some or all of the rear seats from time to time (they all come out separately) so individual seat covers make sense, my kids are great at ruining upholstery…

TBH I baulked at the price of a Hatchbag, I’m sure they’re great, but it’s basically a sacrificial item. I’m not paying £80-100 for a boot liner when I can have one for £20…

It’ll probably look gash covered in cheap nylon covers, until I come to sell the car on, that’s really the key thing, The last car’s interior was shagged by the time it went and I’m sure keeping it better might have helped it’s value…

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

+hatchbag

They look expensive but are tough as old boots and completely fit & forget.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above we had a Hatchbag, you can add some rubber floor roll (used in kitchens, utility rooms, ski resorts 🙂 )if you wish. The total for this though will be more than £100 I would guess.

benp1

The interior of my car is pretty knackered, so I don’t really care too much about it

Bikes typically go on the outside, not the inside, but the boot gets filthy – wet dog, dirty kit, pram/buggy when wet etc

I put some blankets down to stop the main crap, and then dog bed and towels. Haven’t found it to be a major problem. If I had a nice shiny new car then I’d definitely invest in something better, maybe a hatchbag

I suppose if a muddy bike was going inside then I might consider something else too

eskay

Another Hatchbag user here, will get another if I ever change cars – brilliant things!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

We’ve got one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAILORED-BOOT-LINER-HEAVY-DUTY-DOG-MAT-TRUNK-TRAY-FITS-FORD-C-MAX-2010-ON-/390527377254?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Model%3AC-Max&hash=item5aed3edf66

2″ edge around the middle so it pools any water/mud/rubbish. Slight downside is it doesn’t cover when the seats are folded forward.

matt_outandabout

I bought a set of heavy rubber car mats (the round pimple ones from vans) and a boot mat from these chaps a few months back – great thickness and work well. Being a Galaxy, I cut the boot mat down the middle, so that you can now flip the seats up individually, and simply stuck some velcro on the mats, so they stay attached when folded over when boot seats are up. Great price as well. The smell goes away after a fortnight of pongy rubber in the car… 😉
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/premiercarmats?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

catsplums
    Free Member

dear all,

thanks for all the helpful comments and posts… I have read the “other thread” which was pretty specifically about carrying a bike and to that end I have purchased a tarp for that purpose HOWEVER I would like a rubber boot liner also and specifically a rubber one to stop stuff sliding around, to be fully oil water and chemical proof – rebuilding an engine so will see some oil and gunk!) but also so I can easily lift it out of the boot and hose off any other crap – I need to get a load of sand and cement in the boot also sometime soon.
    All of these reasons have swayed me to a rubber liner with the raised lip.

Does anyone have experience of a specific make model seller retailer of rubber after market boot liners?

cheers all
    Neil

thegreatape
    Free Member

I may have found a suitable car seat cover

http://www.driftcycles.co.uk/race-face-car-seat-cover.html

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Boot liner – after market options’ is closed to new replies.