Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Boot camp fitness app
  • nickjb
    Free Member

My wife has been doing a bootcamp session at the local park but the person running it has stopped doing it now. I was considering going there with her instead and doing a few exercises together. We could both do with being a bit fitter. I wondered whether an app would help here to throw a few exercises at us. A quick look in the play store and there seems to be a few. Anybody tried any of them? Sworkit seems favourite so far. The free exercises look OK but the bulk of it is a pay for option. I don’t mind paying a few quid for the app but I’m not keen on a monthly subscription. Is this a stupid idea or worth a go?

jimmy

I’ve downloaded a few but without someone shouting at me to do it, its just not bootcamp and I can’t get motivated. Maybe if there’s two (or more?) of you it might be easier.

Home Workout: Get fit – this is quite a good one with set routines and nothing too bonkers.

If you search “Spartan” in the app store there are loads of them, but they get a bit crazy.

zilog6128

As above, surely the whole idea of a “boot camp” is an army-style guy yelling at you? Otherwise it’s just circuit training. Can’t you just decide on a list of exercises and then do them until you are knackered? Possibly while shouting at each other!

nickjb
    Free Member

Can’t you just decide on a list of exercises and then do them?

That would be the whole point of the app and it will hopefully add a bit of variety

davidr

I downloaded the British Army one the other day (designed to help people get fit for joining up). I’ve not used it yet but it seems pretty comprehensive and doesn’t require loads of weights etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Boot camp fitness app’ is closed to new replies.