Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Boost Adaptors
  • psycorp
    Free Member

I need to space out 142mm wheel to a Boost 148 frame.

Anybody know where I can get adaptors in the UK?

I’ve been looking at buying washers separately but it’s a PITA finding the correct thickness and OD.

Cheers

scotroutes

Have you tried 18bikes? They are the Lindarets importer.

wiggles
    Free Member

What hub?

psycorp
    Free Member

Superstar hub.

Cant see Boost adaptors on 18bikes site.

I’ll mail and ask.

noahhowes
    Free Member

Is this not going to play havoc with your disc rotor/caliper spacing?

hatter

Aren’t they designed to fit DT hubs?

Also worth mentioning that DT advise strongly against using them and that doing so will nuke any hub warranty you may have.

psycorp
    Free Member

The Boost “Standard” is designed to work with DT hubs only? Really? If so how is that a standard?

Adaptors I’ve seen come with rotor spacers.

Not too worried about hub warranty.

psycorp
    Free Member

^^^^^^^^

Seen those. Pricey, and I’d still have to source rotor or caliper spacers.

If I don’t get a reply from 18bikes I may have to import some or continue looking for washers as ghetto spacers.

singlespeedstu

I’d still have to source rotor or caliper spacers.

Scroll down the page a little…

wiggles
    Free Member

I think he means the spacers are for DT hubs.

You will need end caps specific to your hub so can’t just get a DT kit to put it on a superstar hub, I doubt anyone other than superstar would make an adapter for their hubs

psycorp
    Free Member

Scroll down the page a little…

Ahh you mean the American ones…

Yes, those were what i was referring to when I said I might have to import some.

I think he means the spacers are for DT hubs.

You will need end caps specific to your hub so can’t just get a DT kit to put it on a superstar hub, I doubt anyone other than superstar would make an adapter for their hubs

Yes of course. If SS did Boost endcaps/axles I’d have just ordered some. The adaptors I’m looking for are simply 3mm washers for either side of the axle and a 3mm spacer for the rotor. They are manufactured just not easy to get from a supplier in the UK it would seem, hence the thread.

psycorp
    Free Member

^^^^^^

Yep, I may have to resort to those.

I’ll see what reply I get from 18bikes first.

Rik
    Free Member

I have the dt version from Lindarets, great simple but of kit, got mine direct from the states with quick delivery.

Can’t see how it makes the dt hub any weaker, people have been using centre lock to 6 bolt adapters for years, this is no different and Lindarets send you very high quality bolts in the package

andyl
    Free Member

Don’t hope do an adapter kit for the Pro 2? probably wont help with the axle but the disc bit might be usable.

fd3chris
    Free Member
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Boost Adaptors’ is closed to new replies.