Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • boost 15mm vs Standard 20mm forks
  • MSP

Looking to get some fox 36 forks, unfortunately it doesn’t look like the 20mm boost axle is going to be available any time soon, so I have a choice between boost forks or standard TA which I would run at 20mm.

As I see it, boost would build up a stronger wheel, and 20mm through axle would be a stiffer fork. I kind of don’t like the qr 15mm (for no reason other than random preference) and would prefer the through axle for either, but doesn’t seem to be available for boost. Boost forks could be upgraded to boost 20mm axle I imagine by changing the lowers at a future date, if they do release that standard.

What are your thoughts on the advantages/disadvantages of either standard?

STATO
    Free Member

Boost 20mm is already available, thats what next generation DH forks will have. That said, 20mm forks are already 110mm axle so all it does is move the disc mount and hub flanges, axle remains 110mm. So yes your standard 20mm might become obsolete, but given no-one folds wheels on a regular and standard 20mm hubs are available by the million, id not really be bothered by that particular change. And as for Fox swapping lowers? They will no doubt find a new spiffier damping tech again soon and change the design so they cant be backwards compatible.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’d go 15 boost but that’s only for the qr functionality.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘boost 15mm vs Standard 20mm forks’ is closed to new replies.