Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Boost 148 – chainline ?
  • julzm
    Free Member

This may be a stupid question. Someone else may have already asked the same stupid question but I’ll ask it anyway.

If I buy a new frame which happens to be boost 148 on the rear, do I also need to buy a new boost 148 crankset or can the chainline issues be resolved by use of spacers?

RickDraper
    Free Member

I run a regular chainset on my bike. Here is some info on boost chainring offset too:

http://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/pages/boost-chainline-and-chainrings

julzm
    Free Member

Thanks Rick. What bike is it? I’m wondering whether to go from bronson 1 to bronson 2, however the additional cost of the boost rear end is putting me off a little. Plus a new reverb as well.

sillyoldman

1x will work fine with a standard chainset (some would argue that a standard one would actually work better). 2x would be better with a Boost chainset for tyre/chain clearance (for + tyres) and for chainstay/ring clearance.

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Running a standard SLX crankset with 1×10 on my new 5010c v2, no issues at all.

RickDraper
    Free Member

I am on a V2 5010.

Why not to start on a new build just shim the seatpost?

sq225917
    Free Member

Having just replaced a 3mm offset xsync ring for the correct (none boost) offset ring I can tell you it sure looks different. Centreline is almost a full rear sprocket up with the correct ring.

Less chain wear seems like a good option to me. If you need a bargain priced, unused 30t direct mount ring let me know, I have one….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Boost 148 – chainline ?’ is closed to new replies.