Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • … Boost.
  • vincienup
    Free Member

I’m giving future consideration to a plus size build. I already like and have a fat bike and I’m trying ‘barely plus’ with 2.8’s and regular pro4’s – or will be when the tyres land.

I’m expecting to be very close on the frame and fork crown with this current trial setup, and therefore that it’s going to be something to try to avoid mud on. This is fine in my mind as a test bike for me.

Pro4 Boost adaptors seem to be exclusively third party, I’m fairly sure you toss the strength enhancing advantage by using them but what thoughts does anyone have on adaptors vs ‘just’ rebuilding wheels around new hubs? Obviously that’s the spendier option and I’d already be replacing almost everything except derailleurs, pedals, dropper, bar/stem and brakes…

roverpig

I don’t like to reuse spokes, so rebuilding around a new hub means new spokes too. At which point I figure that I might as well replace the rim as well and just end up buying new wheels. Well that’s how it seems to go with me 🙂

scotroutes

I rebuilt a set of 29er rims onto Boost hubs. I already had a project in mind for the hubs I was replacing. I’d rather not faff with adapters, weird offsets etc.

(As it happens the 29er wheels have only been used once – the rest of the time it’s run B+)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘… Boost.’ is closed to new replies.