Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Books etc on business development/operations management
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Started a new role as a mechanical engineer in a small social enterprise, but my role has transitioned to more operations and business coordination/development. Doing all sorts – looking at clarifying strategies (manufacturing, design, sales), figuring out how to get teams to communicate better, have clearer objectives etc etc, looking into standard operating procedures, assisting R&D team etc etc.

I did a bit of Ops Management and business management at uni, but other than that I don’t have much specific experience or knowledge in these fields.

Can anyone recommend any good ebooks (ideally with free PDFs available?), podcasts, websites, etc worth checking out – ideally something with a really thorough intro/over view and then more detailed content.

Many thanks,
    Duane

geoffj

That’s quite a list.
    I’d be starting with businessballs.com (no this isn’t a windup) OR working out if I could stretch to a subscription to safari books online.

Duane…
    Free Member

Yeah it is ha! I feel like I’m making decent progress, but very aware that I’m probably missing out on some great tools/techniques. Great thanks, will check it out.

Anyone else with any recommendations?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lean Thinking, a great way to see clearly about the causes not the symtoms.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Are you the scape goat for the business when it goes wrong ?

Too many jobs rolled in to one

mikewsmith
    Free Member

reported link

geetee1972
    Free Member

Rarely are the words ‘good’ and ‘free’ honestly used together in the same sentence and for obvious reasons.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Books etc on business development/operations management’ is closed to new replies.