Booking a ferry to France

Home Forum Chat Forum Booking a ferry to France

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Booking a ferry to France
  • Premier Icon alexpalacefan
    Subscriber

Accross the channel for 3 weeks camping next year, May to June -ish. Car and 2 passengers.

I was wondering if it’s worth booking a ferry early, will there be savings?

Also, if I wish to depart from a different port, is that expensive or even possible?

Any suggestions on a good route? We’re thinking of starting in the NW, loop down to the S and finish in Belgium, so either a ferry to Calais/Boulogne and back or different arrival/departure ports.

Cheers,

APF

meehaja

dover calais seems to be about £60 at the moment. I’d get on it asap!

grum

DFDS Dover to Dunkirk seemed to be cheapest when I looked but that probably won’t suit your planned route.

glupton1976

I’ve always found sea france to be the cheapest.

bigG

Why waste time on a ferry? Use the tunnel, cheaper and faster IME

jota180

I’ve always found sea france to be the cheapest.

They went bust

Myferrylink now run the boats

grum

Tunnel is certainly faster but it’s been significantly more expensive every time I’ve looked. I also quite like ferries.

restless

I have booked a ferry twice, a year in advance, and the price has always been higher nearer the time.
    Obviously there might be a sale but if you have specific travel dates then I prefer to know I have them booked.

Munqe-chick

Norfolk line were cheap for us and it’s definately cheaper doing it online. The tunnel is quicker and easier as if you arrive early and there’s space you can often get on the earlier ferry however whenever I have looked it’s NEVER been cheaper. You pay per way so easy to book single journeys and travel all over where ever.

jon1973

Why waste time on a ferry? Use the tunnel, cheaper and faster IME

I’ve never found the tunnel to be cheaper than a car ferry, where to you book your tickets? I normally pay about £60 return Dover/Calais (September time).

Premier Icon steveh
    Subscriber

Tesco clubcard vouchers make the tunnel 1/3 of the price. That’s my plan for this year as the reduced time and regular crossings are a big plus.

nickdt

DFDS. Only a half hour east of Boulogne. Savings make it worth it. Ferry always come up very dear for me. Used DFDS for last few years. Just for economy like.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Booking a ferry to France’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top