Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Booked a skills session with Jedi :-)
  • phil40
    Free Member

After reading lots of the positive comments on here, and persuading my wife that having coaching meant less chance of a visit to A&e *cough* I spoke to Tony on the phone today and now have my first coaching session with him booked in!

Very excited, although I am a little concerned that I could be unteachable! My approach to berms is to brake hard all the way, and whenever my bike leaves the ground my feet leave the pedals 🙂 hence the need for some coaching!

Any advice, or just turn up with an open mind and a working bike!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Best money you’ll ever spend on your bike/biking

Yes turn up with a working bike, Tony’s had to send away a few people.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Enjoy – if you think you are unteachable I’m sure Tony will enjoy the challenge of showing you how much you can learn.

Changed my riding knowing Tony and every ride is about the smiles!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I’ve had the pleasure of having a few good coaches in various sports over the years, but none come anything like close to Jedi for being having the ability to simplify something and increase my enjoyment of a sport.

toby1

Don’t go in thinking you can’t be taught as you’ll just be wrong. The beauty of it is you don’t have to sit at a white board, or watch powerpoints, you learn by doing, so it’s not like a school lesson. Tony knows his stuff, it’s money well spent.

soobalias
    Free Member

working bike
    fit and strong, but dont worry so much about that as you will likely tire mentally before physically.

maxtorque

Best money you can spend on your “bike”……… 😀

dufusdip
    Free Member

Yeah, starting to think it’s the way to get better and cut down offs!

Where’s he based? What is the going rate and for how long? 1:1 or in a group?

Any recommendations in the Borders or is Dirt School the way to go?

TIA.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Oh, and will you report back on your thoughts and whether you became a riding god?

granny_ring

And get as fit as you can as you’ll last longer!

granny_ring

Oh and go with an open mind, you’ll have a brilliant day.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Thoroughly recommended.

Looking forward to heading down again.

Yup working bike and a four hour session was knackering!! Vastly improved my riding.

psycorp
    Free Member

One of the best things you can do to enhance the enjoyment of your riding. I thoroughly enjoyed the skills course (jumps and drops) I did with Jedi and picked up many tips that improved my riding.

Can’t recommend enough.

singletrackmind

I failed at the jumps and drops , actualy I’m really not that good and rely on blind luck to make it home alive

Do not get pissed the night before . Learning stuff is hard on the mind

Do not pack enough food and water for a 100k ride. Just a few bars and bottle

Do go with pads if they increase your confidence

Pedals . Just use what you use the most

Do go with an open mind , some things might seem lame but all build together in a logical sequence of progression

Do not expect to be a riding god the next day

It took me many months to really feel the difference

I still cant really do drops or jumps , its coming but my flight or fight mindset always has be running for the hills

wallop

That’s ace. You’ll have a great day and come away smiling.

psycorp
    Free Member

To be honest I’m still not great at jumps or drops. Thanks to Jedi I now know what I should do, but sometimes the confidence just isn’t there, especially for bigger stuff, but that’s no fault of Jedi or the course. I also picked up loads of points from the course that helped my general trail riding too, so he does start from the ground up if he hasn’t seen you before.

jedi

Thanks for the kind words people

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

He broke my head long before my body was spent, take a while to mature in your head. The informations a slow burn just like how it’s put in your head. But I’ve found its stuck, and works and occurs without thinking too much about it.

phil40
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice all!

Put the date in my calendar, now I just have to be patient 🙂

Even though it was only a brief conversation on the phone, he seems like a top bloke, and made loads of sense! Especially dealing with me panicking over which type of pedals I should use!

tomhoward

T- 5weeks till I go, can’t wait!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Booked a skills session with Jedi :-)’ is closed to new replies.