Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Boo Hoo Ronaldo (World Cup content – do not read if you are easily offended)
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Skipper Ronaldo moaned: "Referees should protect the more skilful players when they are getting fouled by the opposition.

"One of their players fouled me in the first half and I got a yellow card for it. I don't understand it. When it is three against one, as it was with their players against me, it is not fair to book me.

Now he has left the English game I had forgotten what a moaning little streak of pizzle he is. But FFS – get on with it and stop your incessant whinging.

surfer
    Free Member

I'm no fan but I heard on the BBC that he was getting kicked a lot.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes what is up with him complaing that people cannot tackle him so they kick him
    Post up your address M_F we will all come round and kick you and see how happy this make you.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

nowhere near enough imo

iDave
    Free Member

I usually find that the arm-chair heroes who criticise players reactions to fouls have never been close enough to a ball to experience studs into the side of their knee or an elbow in the face. The better you are, the more of a kicking you get.

surfer
    Free Member

nowhere near enough imo

Maybe, but rules is rules and whilst I think he is an obnoxious prima dona, he, like the rest of them should be protected on the pitch and that is what he is complaining about.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

yes what is up with him complaing that people cannot tackle him so they kick him
    Post up your address M_F we will all come round and kick you and see how happy this make you.

People don't kick him – they simply aren't quick enough to cope with his changes of pace and direction so where the ball once was a fraction of a second ago, his leg is. He has to learn to grow up and accept that he is a talented player and people find it hard to deal with him and often end up taking him out and not the ball.

He has a referee and two assistants to protect him and he should accept that, not go crying to the media. Again.

thepurist

Maybe they should've got on with trying to play the game rather than subjecting the world to what was possibly the most boring 90 minutes of football in the history of the world cup. It says something when one of the most anticipated games of the 1st round is talked about because of a dodgy yellow card.

thegreatape
    Free Member

So, there's a rule in football about not kicking folk?

roper
    Free Member

I would have thought he is used to being kicked by players beneath him.
    Look how he gets fouled here. Totally unnecessary and unprovoked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJZVd4Zsv8Y

surfer
    Free Member

He has a referee and two assistants to protect him and he should accept that, not go crying to the media

(I cant believe I am defending him)

Firstly the media are interested and by definition so are you (you posted his rant after all) secondly despite the officials you refer to, so far there have been some stupid decisions!
    Whether you are a fan or not what Shankly said is almost true! Renaldo (like all the others) will work towards gaining whatever advantage they can, putting pressure on referess is just one tactic.
    The media in the UK praise Ferguson for doing the same, likening his rants to some incredible ability to manipulate and intimidate his adversaries!

SST
    Free Member

nowhere near enough imo

and that was in the tunnel . . . .

🙂

IainGillam
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    I usually find that the arm-chair heroes who criticise players reactions to fouls have never been close enough to a ball to experience studs into the side of their knee or an elbow in the face. The better you are, the more of a kicking you get.

Whilst this is very true I would still criticise most players reactions because it isn't that bad, for example if you watch a boxing match then watch a football game you'll notice that a little tap to the head won't lift you off your feet and launch you into the oppositions half. If you are rolling on the floor in agony then you are surely in too much pain to continue not jump straight back up when the foul has been awarded. So I am firmly in the opinion they milk it a lot.

Iain

bikemonkey
    Free Member

and that was in the tunnel . . . .

Oooh, you don't want to get kicked in the tunnel. That really hurts.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Let's all face it folks…he is a tw4t isn't he?

Does some nice stuff on the pitch but don't we remember the wink after he contributed to (his "friend") Rooney's sending off?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

To be fair, Rooney was sent off for being a ****, winding the opposition up is all part of the game. Telling wingers that you're going to break their nose when the ref's not looking usually keeps them a few feet away from you at all times. Even better when you've just had an elbow in the face from some one else and play the mistaken identity card/ blame them.

MSP

Ronaldo used to dive all the time, he would fall down from colliding with a blade of grass, and there are a lot of them on a football pitch. Because of this referees started to look on him with suspicion every time he went down. He actually doesn't dive now, anywhere near as much as he used to, but he has built his reputation and referees treat him as such.
    He should be used as an example to young players as to what happens when you build a reputation as a cheat.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Rooney was sent off for being a ****

Still doesn't stop Ronaldo being a weasel does it?

Telling wingers that you're going to break their nose when the ref's not looking usually keeps them a few feet away from you at all times

Whoa there…tough guy!

molgrips
    Free Member

I enjoyed the game actually, or at least I enjoyed NK. They looked committed and hard working in a very earnest way – something a lot of teams stuffed with prima donnas don't do.

rOcKeTdOg

is this the fat bloke who used to play for Brazil?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

secondly despite the officials you refer to, so far there have been some stupid decisions!

Agreed – there are often poor decisions but that is the nature of the game. Unless there is a claim that an official is taking bungs, then what is a player to do? For every decision that goes against a player, another goes for them. He should just get on with it.

And if he didn't fall over at every opportunity in the first place, officials wouldn't be suspicious that he is play-acting and he would get more decisions going his way.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I usually find that the arm-chair
    heroes who criticise players
    reactions to fouls have never
    been close enough to a ball to
    experience studs into the side of
    their knee or an elbow in the
    face. The better you are, the
    more of a kicking you get.

I played rugby league and union for 10 years, at a reasonably high level. Selected for merseyside and lancashire, plus local teams.
    If anyone even suggested what you've just written, let alone said it, they really would have got battered.
    Bunch of seriously overpaid nancy boys who need to grow a pair

Junkyard
    Free Member

I suspect when running at full speed and trying to change direction it does not take much contact to make you fall over.
    Of course he dived at times all of them do have you see the Stevie G collection on You Tube or the Rooney one to beat Arsenal when Campbell was about 3 foot away.

I can understand hating Maradonna for the Hand of God but really you people need to get some perspective no better or worse than other players

surfer
    Free Member

but that is the nature of the game

Of course it is.

then what is a player to do?

Exactly what Rendaldo is doing now, use the media to gain any small advantage ahead of the next game.

iDave
    Free Member

If anyone even suggested what you've just written, let alone said it, they really would have got battered

Nice that you batter people who don't like having their knee ligaments rearranged.

Funny enough it was an uncoordinated rugby playing tosser who took out my knee in a kickaround in the park. promising wendyball career cut short etc…. bitter? me? course not……

molgrips
    Free Member

I seem to remember when playing football that receiving studs to the ankle bone was excruciatingly painful but could be shaken off relatively quickly..

oldgit
    Free Member

Rooney was having a moan about the same thing. TBF I don't think he recieved any 'extra' attention he was just dealt with well by the Americans. What are they meant to do, leave him alone?

Look at the North Koreans by contrast, chop off their heads and they'll still keep going.

Oh and talking about the Koreans, what about the anthems? what's with the goldfish mouth movements from our boys?

DezB
    Free Member

Shame that shot hit the post yesterday though. Would've been one of the best World Cup goals ever.

muggomagic

The only skill needed for egg chasing is the ability to endure a bit of pain. Those rugby playing public school boys get taught that early on by the head boy.

Ronaldo is a moaning git, but he does cop it because teams know he is the danger man for Portugal. He also has a history of being a cheating shit that has benefited from his "professionalism" so on the rare occasion when the ref doesn't give the decision his way, he shouldn't really complain.

DezB
    Free Member

I bet the skillful, rich, handsome, young chap is having nightmares about what you lot think of him.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

but really you people need to get some perspective no better or worse than other players

His moaning in the press every time is much worse than lots of players and that is what gets me wound up.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

bet the skillful, rich, handsome, young chap is having nightmares about what you lot think of him.

😆

hilldodger
    Free Member

Cristiano was always a favourite of the opposition fans

gave the referees respect for their decisions

and had an excellent disciplinary record

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And is a very pretty boy.

tails
    Free Member

If I recall correctly the pundits felt the yellow card was undeserved, reputation from a previous game should not effect a future game, although it's understandable that it will.

The guy is petulant but the prem is worse off without talents like him and the cheat henry.

I can see portugals tournament being a short one, IC have the strength th muscle NK out the game whereas portugal will play much like brazil I imagine.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

mf fancies Ronaldo…

tails
    Free Member

Anyone remember that goal he scored against fulham a couple of seasons back in the 90th+ minute. Very very good goal.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

People misinterpret the point of my OP – regardless of whether the card was justified, he should get on with it – these injustacies happen all the time in football as they do in any other sport.

Look at Tim Cahill – sent off for an entirely unjustified straight red against Ze Germans – much more of a man to take it on the chin rather than go blubbing about it…

"Dreams can be made and crushed in the space of hours," said the Everton star.
    "To hear Schweinsteiger say that, it's very nice of him to say it wasn't a red card.
    "It's one of the lowest points of my career but this is the beauty of football. One day you are a hero, the next day you are at the bottom."

mf fancies Ronaldo…

😆

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

he is awesome, the decision he is on about was ludicrous! also of course the game plan of Ivory Coast was to kick the shit out of him and do anything to stop him, of course he has a right to moan……..if you saw that game and thought he was diving or what ever then you really have no clue about football imo 😆

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Didzy – please review my posts 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Boo Hoo Ronaldo (World Cup content – do not read if you are easily offended)’ is closed to new replies.