Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bonty XR 29er tyres… opinions ?
  • stooo
    Free Member

Anyone using the Bontrager XR 29er Tyres… specifically the 1.8″ version.

They look quick and light and are tubeless ready. Hoping they’ll have enough grip to get through the winter but be fast on fireroad and hardpack too. Wonder if they’re too narrow.

Also – I run a Stans Flow rim on the back and wonder if they’ll be too narrow on that.

stooo
    Free Member

Might just go for a set of mud-x 2″ bontys and have done with it, but really worry they’ll feel slow on any hardpack stuff. There’s be plenty of trail centre riding, but I’ll also be riding the puffer on this bike.

halfbee
    Free Member

XR’s dont have enough tread for the Winter but Mud-X are almost fast enough for the Summer

the-muffin-man

I had them on my 29er over the summer – the tread really isn’t very deep at all and pretty useless in any sort of mud I would imagine. I bought them to use as fast fireroad/towpath tyres!

stooo
    Free Member

hmmm – I saw a cheap deal on them, but think I should listen to my instincts that have stopped me clicking buy on them all weekend.

Being as this is supposed to be my winter bike, I reckon I might go Mud-X

Clink

Mud-x are great. Having said that my mate was doing absolutely fine on his Maxxis Aspen (out back and tubeless) in the Mendip gloop this weekend – but perhaps he’s just a riding god! 😉

stooo
    Free Member

Mud-x it is… might get some faster tyres come spring time. Right now, I’m most likely to ride this bike when the weather is horrendous, so makes sense to spec it so.

I have, after all, got it build up with an alfine rear hub specifically for muddy winter condition.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bonty XR 29er tyres… opinions ?’ is closed to new replies.