Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bonty TLR tyres going porous
  • BigJohn

I fitted a Bonty tubeless ready Big Earl tyre to a bonty tlr rim using bonty juice in January and haven’t had to pump it up since.

A couple of weeks ago I thought I’d better add some more juice, cause I couldn’t hear any sloshing around.

On sunday I thought I’d better pump it up a bit because it was squirming on the rim but this evening it had gone softish again, and when I put it in the sink there were loads of places where a fine mist was coming through the sidewall.

I know bonty tlrs are naturally porous, but is this normal?

And how much will your wheel weigh (and have cost!!) after multiple top-ups of juice?

scruff
    Free Member

see if you can pull any dried up sealant out and then put some new stuff in, leave wheel& tyre flat on its side balancing on a bucket for 10 mins each side with a slosh around inbetween. Mine do go down a bit.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Use Stans sealant – Bonty stuff is shite.

scruff
    Free Member

I have only used stans, the reps back tuesday I think or you can have a swig of mine.

BigJohn

Good tips. I re-juiced it and tipped and sloshed it last night and it still seems to be well inflated this morning. I’ll take it for a ride later to see.

If I’m feeling energetic I might do the empty, peel and refill thing, but not just before a ride.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bonty TLR tyres going porous’ is closed to new replies.