Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Bontrager wheels
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

I have a pair of duster ellite tlr on my trek fuel and wondered if up grading to some stans arch be worth it ? Are the Bontrager wheels heavy ? There 27.5 wheel size . Thanks

amedias
    Free Member

Bontrager do many different wheelsets from cheap heavy OEM to silly light, silly expensive race wheels so it’s not a case of ‘Bontrager wheels’ being heavy or light.

Your specific model are at the lower-middle end of their range, not bad, not super, generally reliable though and better than a lot of OEM wheels out there. They are not light but nor are they excessively heavy, the upgrade question always comes down to what you actually want to improve…. do you want a lighter wheelset? stronger wheelset? stiffer wheelset? more reliable wheelset? all of the above? Without knowing what you’re actually after it’s hard to say if it’ll be ‘worth it’ whatever that actually means 🙂

The Arch (EX?) rims are lighter than the Dusters, and from memory a bit wider, but the rest of the wheelset is just as important, spokes, hubs etc, what wheels have you been looking at?

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

Aww thanks . I was looking for lighter wheels to save some weight as the bike is abit on the heavy side

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Bontrager wheels’ is closed to new replies.