Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bontrager tubeless ready
  • muggomagic

After a few flats on the last couple of rides I noticed that it was the rim strip had shifted and folded on my bontrager rhythm rims which exposed a couple of the bores for the spokes.
    I’m toying with the idea of buying the bontrager tubeless strips and valves and converting them to a tubeless set up. I already have specialized 2bliss tyres and notubes sealant so I’ll only need the strips and valves.
    Has anyone else converted their bontrager rims? What are your experiences?

chunkypaul
    Free Member

No issues with my rhythm 29er bonty rims using bonty tl tyres and rim strips here

I’ve used specialized 2bliss fine on UST 26er rims as well, but found 2bliss tyres tend to lose their pressure over a week even with loads of wheel milk

muggomagic

Are they easier to inflate than the notubes set up I had many years ago? They needed a CO2 cartridge to get that initial pressure and seal.

thatscracking
    Free Member

I have converted Rhythm rims using the bontrager rim strip and valves. was very very easy stuff with the spesh 2bliss tires.

You might struggle getting ust’s over the rim – i did!

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

The Bonty rimstrips work brilliantly and the Spesh tyre are also easy to get up tubeless. Just make sure you get the right rimstrips there are 2 types symmetrical and asymmetric . Some of the asymmetric rims eg rhythm actually need a symmetrical rim strip .

muggomagic

Thanks guys. I’ve ordered some strips and valves from swinnerton cycles which are listed as for the rhythm rims.

seavers
    Free Member

My first experience of tubeless was with comp rims and the bonty kit. Never missed a beat.

Only thing is getting the tires to seat. I just stuck a tube in, inflated it then took it out. I found that with one side properly seated I could pop in some Stans and inflate with a track pump.

BTW If anyone is interested I have a set of Rhythm Comps including strips and valves for sale having got a pair of Hopes!

muggomagic

Just thought I’d post a quick update. The rim strips and valves arrived today. It took all of 10 minutes to fit them (that’s from deflating to fully inflated). It’s really easy to fit it all and the tyres (specialized purgatory 2bliss) went up straight away without having to pump like a loony. I used stan’s rather than the bontrager super juice.
    I watched these 2 videos on YouTube which show just how simple it is but include some important tips for anyone interested in making the switch.

Bontrager tlr set up part 1

Bontrager tlr set up part 2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bontrager tubeless ready’ is closed to new replies.