Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bontrager tires – "Team Issue" vs ???
  • zeesaffa
    Free Member

Sorry… I know this is going to have an obvious answer.

Is there any difference between “Team Issue” and Bontrager’s regular tyres?

Specifically this:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bontrager/2013-29-mud-29-tubeless-ready-folding-tyre-ec044992
    versus this:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bontrager/2013-29-0-team-issue-29er-folding-clincher-tyre-ec044788

Thanks!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Team issue is typically tubeless ready and lighter if I remember correctly…

It gets messy as they’re inconsistent with their naming. SO the mud-x isn’t called team issue but it basically is in terms of construction and being tubeless etc.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Team issue is typically tubeless ready and lighter if I remember correctly…

Not always true.. I thought this and was proved wrong. Check they have the ‘TLR’ suffix as I think some of them are just a lot lighter, not tubeless. (This was for 29er xr1s)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ir_bandito
    Free Member

TLR tyres have a shaped/moulded bead that is supposed to sit in a Bonty TLR rim perfectly.

Not all Team Issue tyres are TLR. That said, I’m running non-TLR tyres tubeless with no problems on DT rims.

In terms of other models, Team Issue are 120TPi, Expert are 60TPi, others are probably different again.

zeesaffa
    Free Member

Well the ones I’ve ended up with are TLR Team Issues.
    I’ll weight them tonight and report back.

Thanks!

tayls
    Free Member

Is there any difference in the tread compound between the team issue and comp tyres?

Kahurangi

Bontrager Team Issue tyres (the ones that I have bought in the past) are also dual compound – 50/60 durometer or something like that. Mud X’s softer still 44/55 or something.

tayls
    Free Member

Do the cheaper tyres share the same tread compound/s, is the tubeless bead the only difference?
    thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bontrager tires – "Team Issue" vs ???’ is closed to new replies.