• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by GJP.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bontrager rimstrips for rhythm
  • wiiija
    Free Member

Hi all,

Has anybody purchased rimstrips for the Bonty Rhythm elite 09 wheels?

I ordered 2 from swinnertons, they sent me one 29er rxl one so thats deffinately wrong and god knows how they managed that, the other says 26″ RHY so I presume it should be right but its symmetrical, the hole in the rim however is off centre so shouldnt it be assymetric or am I being dumb?

Need to call them to get replacement of the 29er one but want to make sure the other is right aswell first :/. What a carry on!

sean

wiiija
    Free Member

Just to add, I would of course just rip the tyre off and check the rim myself but the bike is at my house and I’m stuck at the other halfs in bed with manflu……joy! 🙂

jacksta
    Free Member

I’ve got some Race Lites – assuming they are the same they should be asymetric.

wiiija
    Free Member

Yeh they should deffinately be asymetric in the wider rhythm profile, called them and fair play the guy said he would try to get the right ones out today……..I now fear they will send standard 26″ asymetric which will be too narrow for these rims, we will see though 🙂

wiiija
    Free Member

Well they sent me ONE replacement rimstrip out now and its still the 26″ SYM RHY strip………..the site clearly states asymetric so I’m a bit confused now :/

Will rip the tyre off tomorrow and check for sure.

GJP
    Free Member

Sorry for the minor hijack I just bought some Bonty race lites and didn’t even think to check that the rim strips were asymetric or not. The rims are definitely OSB.

Does this mean I may have put them on the wrong way? – I was quite suprised how little faff it was fitting the rim strips but the Conti Race King UST tyes would not seat and inflate just using a track pump. Never had any problems with RR on Stans – I just though some combos seat easily and some don’t – but is there any chance this is down to the rim strips

Thx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bontrager rimstrips for rhythm’ is closed to new replies.