• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by nonk.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bontrager OMW winter boot – Anyone tried them?
  • vorlich
    Free Member

I’ve not found much in the way of reviews for these online. They look pretty well thought out and I really like the idea of the removable inner, but can’t help thinking they’re designed (just by looking at the ankle gaiter) more for snow/sub-zero conditions rather and cold/wet like we get in the UK.

The Lake 303 seem to have a better sole for UK mud and the ankle closure looks more snug.

vorlich
    Free Member

Evening bump.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Nope, haven’t tried them, but you won’t regret getting the Lakes. Very warm, dry, comfy and proper grippy soles- studdable if that’s your bag.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And, if not the Lakes, also worth a look at Northwave. Stiffer sole than most (if that matters!), warm, waterproof (bar the big hole at the top) and good soles, studdable as well.

dovebiker
    vorlich
    Free Member

I do like Mavic shoes and I hadn’t seen those, but again not much in the way of reviews out there..

Reuben, how’s the fit? Did you size up, or go for the wide versions?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d rule out the Mavics for the zip, I’m afraid. Small gauge zips and British winter riding conditions do not play well together. Especially when down there in the mud and grime of it all.

They do look good apart from that, though.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’m toying between these and the Northwave Extreme GTX winter boots..

Still undecided..

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

I’ve got the extreme gtx boots and they are great – I put the cuff of a washing up glove round the top to seal properly between my leg and the boot.

JoeG
    Free Member
    scotroutes

Mine are on the way. I’ll try to give some feedback when they arrive, but we’re not expecting a major drop in temperatures until the New Year.

nonk
    Free Member

Mavic do this h20 thing now as well
    http://www.mavic.com/footwear-mtb-crossmax-pro-h2o-shoe

More duro init

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bontrager OMW winter boot – Anyone tried them?’ is closed to new replies.