Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bontrager mustang 29er wheels – tubeless conversion ?!
  • julzm
    Free Member

Someone please help me figure out what is going on here …….

I have a set of bontrager mustang 29er wheels. They are TLR. I bought the bontrager rhythm tubeless rim strips. I cannot figure out whether they are symmetrical or asymmetrical and can’t find anything online which tells me.

I’ve fitted the strips…..but tyres will not pop the bead at all. I tried co2, inner tube, compressor, different tyre, nothing seems to work. I could get a slight pop on the bead before the strips were in but obviously they just deflated again.

Where am I going wrong???

The tyres are specialized ground control and purgatory control, both are 2bliss so are compatible for tubeless.

rsvktm

Got a few bonty wheels with their rim strips in, pre fitted strips so sorry can’t help with the fitting but there is a definite step to the edge and the best way to mount tyres I’ve found is plenty of hand soap, inner core out and then compressor.
    The soap did the trick for me.

julzm
    Free Member

Cheers I’ll try the soap.

thomthumb
    Free Member

the rims strips are sat in the tyre pile. the rims have stans yellow tape on…

julzm
    Free Member

Thomthumb you’ve lost me! They’ve not got rim tape on as I had to remove it to out the strips in.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bontrager mustang 29er wheels – tubeless conversion ?!’ is closed to new replies.