• This topic has 124 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Taff.
Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • Bontrager 24/12 2012
  • Mal-ec
    Free Member

thanks to the fella wearing the Singletrack whisky jersey for the pep talk at the bottom of that steepish climb.

Was a pleasure mate, you were looking quite weary. Had nothing but respect for the 24hr soloist out there.

BadlyWiredDog

Bit of a sh***er that BWD. Do you think it was the mud? I was throwing up all last night ad can only think it was mud or a gel overdose!

In my case I went from being fine to vomiting in the space of about five minutes so I do kind of suspect that I ate something nasty – it’s so difficult in those conditions where you’ve got mud on your mitts and bottles and bars plus all that standing water. Plus I was still feeling sick next morning, which I wouldn’t expect from simple fueling issues. But anyway. Mostly it was just good to meet so many great people. Hats off to anyone who kept going out there, it was hard going. Not quite as unpleasant as Mayhem, but no easy miles I thought. 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Shergie’s blog…

http://teamcycleaid.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/2412-story-of-broken-man.html

The reason he was still feeling so sprightly up until about 20 hours in was not so much to do with his own tactics (he wanted to do 4hr stints, then stop for a bite to eat), but more to do with his excellent pit crew (me and Heather) that knew the best way was for him to stop for even just 60 seconds every lap, get some food and a big swig of drink in him, swap bikes if required, and keep doing this. Little and often on the food front. Seemed to work cos he’s traditionally terrible at remembering to eat and drink on his bike!

Fair play though, he kept turning his pedals. Not going to say I had the harder job (even with endless bike cleaning, fixing, and generally keeping him going), I was bloody knackered too, but he kept turning the bloody pedals and came 5th!

Taff
    Free Member

Has anybody else ordered a tshirt from Whackjob? Ordered a medium which is part of a reprint if enough people sign up… Just hoping

Taff
    Free Member

2013 date announced as July 27/28… exciting!

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Bontrager 24/12 2012’ is closed to new replies.