Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bonkers Car Insurance Quote
  • OrmanCheep
    Free Member

In an attempt to fit in here, I’ve just bought myself an audi estate 🙂

I rang my insurer, AXA, to let them know and they wanted an extra £103 to upgrade the policy, taking it to from £409 to £512.
    I rang them to check that this was there best price, and it was. I thought this was steep, so I cancelled it and paid a small cancellation fee.

Anyway, I’ve just now been on confused.com, and AXA offered me a price of £330 for exactly the same policy I just cancelled, so I’ve signed up.

They have just emailed me for my NCD cert, and I’ve asked them to contact themselves to get it, which might confuse them a bit.

Can’t get my head around why a company would operate like this.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

New policies are always cheaper than renewals or changes to suck you in.

LHS
    Free Member

Privilege used to do exactly the same and tell me over the phone that I should just cancel and take out a new policy. Bizarre way of working.

IanW
    Free Member

New policies are always cheaper than renewals or changes to suck you in

How would they get new customers otherwise?

Lazgoat
    Free Member

It’s a bonkers situation isn’t it! Am I imagining it or didn’t the Mobile networks, (or was it the Banks?) get in trouble a few years ago for doing the same thing? Although now you haggle when you cancel and you get a better deal than if you went elsewhere or took out a new contract.

bensales
    Free Member

Sparked by the thread the other day about insuring a 17 year old, I thought I’d get a quote for a 17 year old learner on my car.

£19,000 was the cheapest. That’s £4000 more than the car cost…

Direct Line didn’t pull the original stunt through when I bought it, the extra they charged for me to change to cover the new car, was the same as the difference between my previous price and the price as new business on the website. Nor did they charge a fee later to change the registration back to an age-related one.

beej

Every year Admiral come to me with a renewal quote for about £900, when the previous year was £500ish.

Every year I go on a comparison site where they come out pretty much the cheapest with a quote of £500ish.

Every year I call them up, tell them their renewal quote is £400 more than another one I’ve had, from them via the comparison site.

Every year they check the comparison site quote and I renew at that price.

Why do we have to play this game Mr Admiral? Why? You’re wasting my time, you’re wasting your own time…

jam-bo

Why do we have to play this game Mr Admiral? Why? You’re wasting my time, you’re wasting your own time…

Because they are hoping you won’t check. Lots don’t.

Stoner
    Free Member

each year my camper van insurance renewal hardly moves, and I dont have to negotiate with them:

2011-2012 = £203
    2012-2013 = £219
    2013-2014 = £219

I like my insurer.

(Lifesure group, btw)

lilchris
    Free Member

Anyway, I’ve just now been on confused.com, and AXA offered me a price of £330 for exactly the same policy I just cancelled, so I’ve signed up.

AXA are the broker.
    The new policy will be underwritten by someone else, hence why they can’t do any more for you on the old policy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bonkers Car Insurance Quote’ is closed to new replies.