Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bonkers Bike-Shed Bikes
  • DrP

Every morning when arriving at work, I take a little peek at this beauty and come to a divine realisation – no matter how unsure I am about my life and decisions I've made, this bike is SO uncertain about itself that all is right in my world!

Retro GT LTS frame,RST triple clamps, D521 rims front and back with slicks, massive hope disc up front, magura rear brake, risers with bar-ends, some sort of handlebar mount extension with that shimano flight deck thingy, to name but a few bonkers bits!

Apologies if it's your bike out there, but I do love it so!

DrP

HansRey

and who windsurfs in??

Stoner
    Free Member

and he put a lock on it?

😉

MrAgreeable

That reminds me of The World's Greatest Madone.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Whats under the cover next to it?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mr A – Oh. My. God. 😯 😯 😯

mieszko
    Free Member

That Madone is a shocker 😀 Either nicked or if not than what was the owner thinking?

MrAgreeable

To be fair, you can see how shed bike man's machine evolved. Gets nice full susser -> decides he wants to do some burlier riding -> decides he's too old for DH shenanigans and just wants to ride to work.

Some people, myself included, feel a bit weird about flogging a serviceable but beaten-up bike that they may also be emotionally attached to, so prefer to repurpose it. The World's Greatest Madone is something else entirely – he seems to have had a very specific idea of what he wanted, and maybe a wee bit too much spare cash to throw at it. 😉

nickc

There's a mid aged women round my way who rids an almost shop perfect RST1. It has a rack bodged on it and a top tube mounted baby seat. I stared open mouthed the first time I saw it, now it just makes me smile.

Dylan08
    Free Member

Just someones cheap build commuter. Good on em' for riding to work. Looks whey better than any On-One Ive seen pictured!

It takes all sorts to make this World.

🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bonkers Bike-Shed Bikes’ is closed to new replies.