Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Bolton is in lockdown
  • D0NK

Was intending to stay away from town today but had to call in this morning to get something changed. More police than I have ever seen, 9ft steel barriers all around town hall square all they need are a few flying cameras to complete the effect

I think it will kick off big time, plenty of little businesses boarded up, others have all the window shutters down and heavies on the doors.

EDIT for those who don't know bolton is todays EDL and UAF playground/punchup location.

Stoner
    Free Member

I thought it sounded like you were getting ready for a footy match! 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I think the shopkeepers/local businesses who lose money today should all club togther and sue the EDL (and possibly the UAF if they are a real party) for loss of earnings – should bankrupt the nasty clowns!

ex-pat
    Free Member

Surely that's bolt down.

IGMC

D0NK

Unfortunatley not stoner, a bunch of racist nobbers, some full time protesters and a metric sh1tload of neanderthals* after a scrap

*yes ok neanderthals weren't as bad as we make out but you know what I mean

grumm
    Free Member

Should be a permanent thing imo – just stick a big fence round it like in Escape from New York. 😛

Stoner
    Free Member

a bungh of racist nobbers, some full time protesters and a metric sh1tload of neanderthals* after a scrap

as I said. Sounds more and more like a footy match 😉

headfirst
    Free Member

do you think the EDL lot will all go for a curry afterwards?

D0NK

Trying desperatley to come up with a witty come back grumm unfortunatley I'm having trouble identifying any major positives about the place…

Oh yeah walsh's pastie shop and rice and three are bloody good
    🙂

stoner, oh so true

nbt

Oh dear, a friend of mine works in Bolton's disaster planning wotsit and has been dreading this for some time. Mutterings on facebook last night suggested it was starting already 🙁

easygirl

im working it today, so will be a late night for me!

grumm
    Free Member

Donk, Mather's camera shop in Bolton is where I got my camera and is pretty good. Not sure about any of the rest of it. 🙂

lowey

Oi Grum… Bolton is the centre of the known cultural universe.

Donk… is that logo from the EDL ? if so they nicked it from Half Life 2 :p

project
    Free Member

Was intending to stay away from the [/b]newsagents today but had to call in this morning to get something changed. More police than I have ever seen, 9ft steel barriers all around town hall square all they need are a few flying cameras to complete the effect

I think it will kick off big time, plenty of little businesses boarded up, others have all the window shutters down and heavies on the doors.

Bit over done,just because the new issue of SINGLETRACK is a bit on the thin side and Mark had a RANT.

D0NK

Yeah Lowey HL2 reference 🙂 bolton today reminded me of city 17 barricades, can't find any proper pics of them this'll have to do

allthepies
    Free Member

>do you think the EDL lot will all go for a curry afterwards?

LOL!

fubar
    Free Member

might explain why there was so many police at Manchester Victoria train station (trains to Bolton I think?). Must have been 30 of them plus vans.

lowey

Its disgraceful. Cant get a curry anywhere in Bolton tonight.

lowey

Yeah Lowey HL2 reference bolton today reminded me of city 17 barricades, can't find any proper pics of them this'll have to do

The Combine are in Bolton!!!

D0NK

67 arrests, interestingly 55 of them were the UAF

Fubar there were about 30 VANS out the back of the townhall, police on our corner a good 5mins walk from the edge of town centre

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Dont fancy yours much 😯

allthepies
    Free Member

Rent-a-Mob A vs Rent-a-Mob B

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

All be happening again in Dudley in two weeks time.

Think I'll take a day out in the country.

samuri
    Free Member

Is she for or against racism? Oh, hang on, I've guessed, don't worry. Why can't sensible, coherant people represent my views rather than agressive ****?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Why can't sensible, coherant people represent my views

Allegedley the people you describe are called politicians…. 😉

singletrackmind

I just spat my shreddies over my laptop.
    Class respose from ^^^^ thekingisdead.

meehaja
    Free Member

I went to the EDL Vs UAF thing in Leeds a while back, and was left wondering if it really was a good Vs evil thing? I'm against facsism and racism in all its forms, but fighting with the police and scaring the public isn't a great way to express my views of peace and social cohesion. Was amazed at the number of people who just wanted to fight with people based on their opinions and beliefs. I don't like the EDL and I think they're a bunch of racist thugs, but, if I hated them and wanted to hurt them, entirely on the grounds of their beliefs and opinions, doesn't that make me a bit, y'know, fascist?

weester
    Free Member

'I don't like the EDL and I think they're a bunch of racist thugs'

Interesting, I thought they were protesting against Islamic extremism in Britain, and the last time I looked Islam was a religion not a race.

Also, hasn't history demonstrated that the left wing (thugs) are just as, if not more dangerous to humanity than the right wing ones. Not that I think anyone who complains about Islamic extremism should be tagged as a right wing fascist.

Go and have a read and contrast the EDL's website and the UAFs website. I for one do not trust the UAF one little bit, they apear to be devoid of rational thought.

Interesting to note how 'red' the girl looks in the above picture.;o)

Badger
    Free Member

Weester

Yeah but eh EDL aren't just about extremism – they define extremism as "being muslim" and they are racist as well as islamaphobic as they carry out violence against asians irrespective of religion based on their skin colour – thats a race not a religion prejudice.

Theya re also violently homophobic and anti-semitic and advocate violence towards anyone who isn't "pure English"

Whilst I agree the UAF aren't exactly doing the anti-racism movement much good, that doesn't make the EDL any better than the violent racist nazis that they are.

http://www.StoptheBNP.org.uk have a "hope not hate" campaign and are a much better example of the anti-fascist movement.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I think this is a great example of how all 'extremists' are flipping nuts. I (along with most of the UK ) think both groups are a bunch of thugs looking for a fight and it's just unfortunate that the current economic and political climate has given the trouble makers a voice that appears to be being heard.

As I see it it's a good thing to get more extreme political parties as it'll draw people from the BNP and 'water-down' their individual influence and so (hopefully) won't have any real affect on the bigger picture, but I might be wrong! 😕

binners

I was in Bolton on Friday night. It was like a ghost town. Very odd. I was chatting to one of the feds and he seeemed to think that both groups weren't really there to make any kind of political point. They were both just up for a ruck. Which they clearly got

Unfortunately, now that all main political parties seem to have utterly abandoned the white working class, then idiots like EDL have just been handed a platform. The labour party has even had the bare-faced audacity in constituancies like Bolton, Bury and Blackburn to then urge people to vote for them so the BNP don't get in. Why on earth should they? What the **** have ythe labour party done for anyone up here whilst in power. Absolutely **** all!!!

Idiots like Nick Griffin getting elected is entirely down to Blair and Brown

Nick

Friend of mine is very very central to the UAF, he's totally committed to peaceful but robust resistance to right wing extremism, however, like any demo they attract the loony element.

The strategy they adopted in Bolton was to try to prevent the EDL march by getting there early and occupying the area the EDL we're supposed to meet in. This pissed off the Police and is where most of the UAF arrests took place (rather than because of any actual confrontation with the EDL).

This was a huge mistage tactically and the UAF have really suffered a blow because of the way this was then reported by the media, not sure they will recover from this which is a gift to the EDL and BNP.

Whilst I agree the UAF aren't exactly doing the anti-racism movement much good, that doesn't make the EDL any better than the violent racist nazis that they are.

Exactly.

Junkyard
    Free Member

liked this little gem from the EDL website

We exist simply to pursue and extinguish an Islamist scourge, a scourge that has been left to fester and multiply like a malignant social cancer, with little intervention from our government who are at best apathetic, and are, at worst, willingly blind to the threat of militant Islam

That will be the government currently waging war in a foreign land to fight militant islam then who are not doing enough
    Is Islam really a festering social cancer ?is that a view you support as rational weester?
    The UAF – who have

Unite Against Fascism is a new national campaign with the aim of alerting British society to the rising threat of the extreme right, in particular the British National Party (BNP), gaining an electoral foothold in this country………Our campaign will alert people to that fascist threat and urge people to use their vote to stop the BNP.

Now which of these views is extreme again ?

List of "famous" members is full of extremists like Jarvis Cocker, franz Ferdinand and the band Madness….that would be the UAF for the hard of thinking not EDL.

weester
    Free Member

Hardly unbiased though is it Nick.

binners

Theres an interesting point here. In the pub in Bolton on Friday night, it was common knowledge that the UAF were planning to occupy the entire area before the other demo started. And I didn't hear it from any 'activists'. But everyone knew the tactic. I cannot believe that the police didn't

weester
    Free Member

Question? How far from the left does one have to stray before one gets tarred as a right wing extremist?

binners

Have you ever payed for the Daily Mail?

Nick

Didn't say it wasn't unbiased, but thought it was interesting.

There seems to be an acceptance of the mainstream media reports given the links to the websites, however, I trust what I have been personally told, by someone who was there, and on that basis the link I provided appears more accurate.

Of course, I could be lying, I could be biased, I could have bee fed a load of bollocks by my friend, do your own research etc

Binners – of course the Police knew.

allthepies
    Free Member

>Question? How far from the left does one have to stray before one gets tarred as a right wing extremist?

A: See New Labour.

😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Bolton is in lockdown’ is closed to new replies.