Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Boltby Bash
  • ready

Has anybody done this? Sounds quite good, in a mini ‘Ardrock kind of way..

darrenspink
    Free Member

Nope but looking forward to doing it this year.

Be less Ard rock, more Ard moors from the videos i’ve seen.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I hope it’s better than the vid on their site of stage 1, looks dire tbh.

mildred

Had no idea this was still going as an event. Used to do it yearly “back in the day” & always found it to be a muddy gruelling war of attrition. Interested to see how it’s developed.

ton

best race around back in the day. krakow slack claimed some victims.
    yorkshire mountain bike club organised some good stuff.

bigwill
    Free Member

Proper great home grown race, stages are shorter than ard rock and overall distance is less, but the trails are more varied, and hairy in the wet. Atmosphere was more mellow, but a couple of the stages where absolute carnage last year after torrential rain, bodies everywhere. Well worth the entry fee.

ready

Thanks for the replies. Still a few spaces left I think. Just need to run it past the boss now…

darrenspink
    Free Member

Looks like the winter tyres are going back on 😥

jonnym92

I’m tempted. How will the trails ride in the wet? Would probably just head up on the day so no practice..

darrenspink
    Free Member

Im guessing they will be just like any other UK moorland trail in the wet, slippy! May hardtail it actually.

Only a few places left apparently.

richwak
    Free Member

Just got the email with timings etc for the event and it states that all the sportive riders set off at 9am with the enduro starting in waves from 9:30??
    Unless there are only a small number of sportive riders sounds like a recipe for queues and unneccessary mixing of thos racing and those not racing.

markshires
    Free Member

When I last looked there was only about 15 riders on the sportive.

AlexSimon

Did it last year.
    Enjoyed it.
    Saturday night was a proper good night.
    Rain overnight left me on my arse on stage 2, but all the other tracks were superb.

(also did vallelujah, ard rock and ard moors – boltby wasn’t as good as those, but it was still worth doing).

FWIW – The Sportive looked rubbish last year. It was the same track which meant it was too techie for people scared of the full enduro, but without the timing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Boltby Bash’ is closed to new replies.