• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Boing! (new forks + help content)
  • SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I've just fitted some new forks to my Norco. Coil, U-Turn, chunky.

Just wondering if there's a way to adjust the sag as on coil forks of old (I've not owned any since the Punic Wars) as they feel too stiff at the minute, and the compression is at it's lightest.

And some photos of the bike, just because I feel like showing it off a bit.

rOcKeTdOg

looks great, is the chainstay bowed or is it an optical illusion?

Rickos
    Free Member

Do they just need bedding in to get the bushings and ting all slidy nice?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

What rickos said. Mine are like butter.

dasnut
    Free Member

are they new? in which case they need bedding in

no way of adjusting preload on lyriks, if you aren't getting the required sag, you need a lighter spring, see tf tuned.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Hmmm. Might be the case- I do vaguely remember my SIDS taking longer to bed in than the 55s on this, so maybe see how they feel after Devil's Staircase at the weekend.

Rocket- yeah, they're slightly bent. It's meant to be like that though!

duntstick
    Free Member

I've got the 2009 Lyrik coils,they come with a standard spring in them for someone about 12.5 stones. The seals were a bit snug when new and took a week or two to settle.

Good setup info here

Great looking bike btw

rOcKeTdOg

ah they are bowed, looks kinda right though with the organic looking swingarm

GavinB

Give it a few rides but you may need to get a lighter spring. U-Turns do not have any pre-load adjustment.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I took it for a bit more of an involved ride last night and they do seem to be loosening up, but the old Zocchi seemed to match the rear pretty easily. It's getting more responsive- must be those huge stanchions in the seals I guess.

timbercombe
    Free Member

First Norco I haven't had a nee-jerk 'eww' reaction too, nice ride ;). As other's say, try bedding them in (even more!), if not ring up TFT'd for a chat and new spring.

retro83
    Free Member

Maybe the bushes require resizing.

My Pikes had this done by TF and it made a huge difference.

LoCo
    Free Member

The forks will loosen up as they 'bed in' (seals and bushes) set sag should be about 1/3 of total travel.
    You don't mention your weight so can't give indication on spring weight.
    Rebound setting could also be playing a part, as Tim says in the video link put them full slow, back it out half a turn, compress them and then try and lift the front end off the floor as they extend, you should be able to just lift the wheel off the ground before they reach full travel.
    A strip with re-sizing of bushes and check of oil levels and grease/lubricant will only improve matters.
    Give them another couple of rides and see how they feel, further problems you can mail me in profile. 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Boing! (new forks + help content)’ is closed to new replies.