Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Boiler/new house help?
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Hi,

Moved into new house yesterday, and the boiler has a fault. “F3 fan fault”.

Questions are: do I ring solicitor and estate agent as I bought the house thinking boiler was working?

Is it an expensive job? I’ve done some searching, it seems quite common but will cost about £300 to fix, which seems a bit harsh for something I haven’t done.

Cheers

totalshell

one of the biggest money takers we have is folks moving into new homes and the boiler is bust,, really common issue.. easy to be wise after the event but always get a fella to certificate the central heating before you buy a property.. we do it for 45 including a report which will almost always result in money off the house purchase price..

the single most expensive item in the house and 99% of buyers dont have it checked independently before purchase.

spooky_b329

Been a while since I moved, but the boiler was presumably signed as working somewhere, in the fixtures and fittings perhaps?

A letter from the solicitor pointing this out might be worth a try. Also, is a boiler clever enough to record when the fault code showed up? The seller may claim it happened after exchange which might change the liability?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Boiler/new house help?’ is closed to new replies.