Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Boiler woes. Advice please!
  • johnny5
    Free Member

Sh&t topic for a Saturday night but here goes…
    Have come on holiday , having turned off the gas and water , but left the electricity and the combo boiler both turned on. So the boiler will turn on as usual tonight on the timer .

Will this do the boiler any harm? I am thinking (hoping!) it won’t as without gas it can’t heat up …

Should I go home ( 4 hour tound trip ) or will it be ok?

Thanks

Davesport

It simply won’t light and there’ll be a warning light illuminated when you return.

Howzat?

johnny5
    Free Member

Cheers mate

Know nowt about that sort of thing

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nealglover
    Free Member

I didn’t realise people turned stuff off like gas and water when they go away.
    I never have. And I used to go away for months at a time a while ago.

The boiler will be fine though. No worries there.

bruneep

Mrs b wants to unplug everything that she can apart from the fridge and freezer as she trusts them 🙄

Ambrose

I feel your pain. The only things that Mrs A allows to be on when nobody is home are the boiler , the fridge freezer and the router. And accepting those took a load of persuading. I leave for work earlier than she does, thus she has free rein to turn everything off, repeatedly checking that she has done so. It is not a lot of fun TBH.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I used to go away for three months at a time. I unplugged everything I could rather than turn the power off as I had to keep the heating on frost protect. Next doors chimney got hit by lightning which destroyed every electrical item in their house (it’s a semi). All I had was a blown fuse in my coffee machine as I forgot to unplug it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Boiler woes. Advice please!’ is closed to new replies.