Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Boiler replacement – does this seem reasonable?
  • psychle
    Free Member

£1770 for the following:

1) Decommission of existing boiler
    2) System flush (non-power)
    3) Lay out of flow & return pipe, hot & cold pipe
    4) Scale reducer fitted to cold pipe
    5) Change all radiator valves (x 3) to TRV for more energy efficiency
    6) Run condense pipe to nearest drainage
    7) Run discharge pipe to outside in a safe place
    8 New boiler instal (Ideal Logic 24kW) with 5 year warranty on parts and labour
    9) Earth Clamp pipes
    10) Room thermostat
    11) 1yr service included

Optional: Power flush = £410, Magnetic clean: £115

Looking online, the boiler is around £600 inc VAT, so £1100 is parts and labour?

wwaswas

just paid about that for a worcester bolier but that included a power flush.

then another £350 to get a 22mm supply to the boiler as it went out with a 15mm one.

this was in Hove if the area affects pricing (which I guess it does).

DaveGr
    Free Member

Paid £2100 total for Worcester Bosch 28i Junior including Magnaclean magnetic cleaner. Simple install for them done in under a day – not items 4, 5, or 11 but including new 22mm gas feed. Would recommend the Magnaclean as it helps keep the system clean and also ease of topping up the system inhibitors each year. Unless your system is really "gunged up" then IMO the power flush shouldn't be needed – but check how this affects the warranty.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

So basically its ripping out an old boiler and putting a new one in?

We paid £5k for a 4 story semi to completely ripped out and started again with everything. That was with a Viessmann boiler which are about the same price as a WB.

What room thermorstat are you being quoted? Get a remote one which can have at least 5 programmes per day, and a holiday function. Will save you money and makes the house so much more comfortable.

We have one of these

http://www.avenuesupplies.co.uk/index.php?id=876&pid=6153&sid=1

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What room thermorstat are you being quoted? Get a remote one which can have at least 5 programmes per day, and a holiday function. Will save you money and makes the house so much more comfortable.

+1 (sorry if this annoys some forum users) 😉

wwaswas

grrrrr @ m_f

😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Seems a bit high to me. There's not a lot of parts there, apart from the boiler. We had ours done recently, top of the range W-B CDi boiler, moved out to the garage, so a lot of pipework needed, an new rad which had the pipes channeled into the floor, move the gas pipe, plumb in the washing machine, fit an old rad in the garage. 4 days work, £3000 all-in.

Are you aware of the boiler scrappage scheme? (Google it) If you quailify, it's £400 back. We did. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Is this for boiling water or piss?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Depends where you are but does seen a bit dear.

Make certain it the logic plus, there is a price difference as the logic doesn't have the 5yr warranty. You will probably need to warranty too, ideal are not the most reliable boilers out there. However the logic is a new model so only time will tell.
    For that price i'd be expecting new rads unless they're already fairly new.

psychle
    Free Member

OK then… so I guess we should get a second quote… can anyone recommend someone for North London (Islington)? It's not my money, we rent, but I like my Landlord so would be good to find her a good deal 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

.. so I guess we should get a second quote..

Always

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Boiler not to great typical plumber trying to make money tell him to look at Vaillant EcoTec Pro 24. To be truthful get a few more quotes does not seem the best price.

psychle
    Free Member

well, this kind of is a second quote, first one was £2k + from the previous plumber (who'd already reaped quite a few hundred pounds 'fixing 😉 ' the old boiler)

DaveGr
    Free Member

The boiler scrappage scheme has finished but there may be some other schemes open depending on your location / local Government.

Bear
    Free Member

Doesn't seem to bad if you are in london, but use anything other than an ideal boiler!

fwb2006
    Free Member

Just got a worcester 30 cdi installed, took out the old hot water cylinder, cold water tank, added loads of new pipework, digital clock for 2.2k. Price was reasonable enough and its bloody expensive here in aberdeen so happy enough.

rj
    Free Member

Old boiler removed, system flushed, new (Vokera) boiler fitted for under 800 quid (including boiler).

midlifecrashes

Paid £1180 in Doncaster to swap a tanked system to combi less than a year ago, but I ripped out all the old tanks etc in advance as I was doing the bathroom first. Included new condensate pipe and remote controller, but no TRVs as I had a full set in already.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Boiler replacement – does this seem reasonable?’ is closed to new replies.