Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Boiler move? WWSTWD and what's a good price?
  • Dangerboy
    Free Member

Our current ancient (30 year old?) gas boiler is in the kitchen, as is the equally ancient hot water cylinder. We would like to upgrade and relocate the boiler to improve efficiency and free up space in the kitchen.

Thinking of a 33kw Baxi platinum combi (10 year warranty) in the attic.

Had a few quotes that vary in price quite widely, so I’m not sure what a reasonable price is – has anyone done similar, how much did you spend, and will I regret a combi?

If it’s any help:
    Copper microbore throughout.
    12 radiators, 11 of which will need thermostatic valves and switching from twin entry valves on copper microbore pipes)
    Powerflush all radiators.
    Remove and make good old boiler, hw tank, pipework and flue hole.
    Remove old cold water header tank (attic)
    Install new boiler and control (attic)

Best quote so far about £3k – reasonable?
    Thanks!

tjagain

3 k I would say is suspiciously cheap

DT78
    Free Member

Does that include the materials or just the work?

Bear
    Free Member

I would agree 3K does sound cheap to do a good neat job.

Boilers in lofts need loft ladder, walkway and work platform by boiler, light and a guard rail for roof access to comply I believe.

Make sure and keep those twin entry valves like gold dust to some people….

white101

I just coughed £2k for a new Baxi Duotech to be fitted in a new location within the house, replaced a 20yr + old floor mounted. Lots of pipes to move and install. No changes to rads at all other than flushing and balancing or whatnot. Hot water cylinder was removed and cupboard cleaned out.

Combi has worked just fine so far.

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Thanks folks.
    Quotes I have are inclusive of materials and all necessary works in attic. Loft ladder already installed but will need walkway, rail, platform and lighting.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Boiler move? WWSTWD and what's a good price?’ is closed to new replies.