Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Boiler help – One for the STW plumbers
  • Harry_the_Spider

I’ve moved house recently and have now got a 2004 Vaillant EcoMax 835 with a very basic central heating control system – on off times and water circulation temperature. There is no 7 day programmable timer or room thermostat, so we are not running it in the most cost effective or energy efficient manner.

How difficult is it to set it up with a wireless thermostat controller?

I’ve had a quote of £175 for supply and fitting of a Honeywell unit. I suspect that the kits costs around £80 so the rest is the plumber’s mark up and fitting cost. I don’t mind paying if it is a complex job, but if it can be done easily in 5 minutes without risk of knackering everything up I’ll do it myself.

wors

I paid £50 for my unit and £80 for an electrician to wire it all in.

Harry_the_Spider

£175 fitted doesn't sound too bad then.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RustyMac

The units themselves are fairly cheap. I had a look into replacing my clunky old timer with the same wireless contoller that my girlfriend just had fitted on her brand new baxi boiler. The unit is a salus RT500RF, I have seen these on ebay for as little as £35 but have no ideas as to how difficult it would be wire up the sender unit to the boiler.

link to timer unit

The above link takes you to an ebay advert for the timer i was concidering, at the bottom of the advert there is various technical info that will possibly help

good luck finding out about the wiring, i'd be interested to see what you find out.

Harry_the_Spider

good luck finding out about the wiring, i'd be interested to see what you find out.

I think i've found out that the best thing do is to pay somebody to do it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Boiler help – One for the STW plumbers’ is closed to new replies.