Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Boiled Eggs, Tea
  • Sundayjumper

I’ve just boiled a couple of eggs, then used the water to make a cuppa. My wife thinks I’m disgusting, I think I’m very efficient.

What does STW think ??

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Boiling eggs in tea is quite the thing in parts of China

bearnecessities

Dirty.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CharlieMungus
    Free Member

But you are disgusting. Then again, at her best, your wife can be quite disgusting too.

tjagain

Did you scrub the eggshells first?

bearnecessities

This is a man that looks to save 1p by not boiling a cup of water, what do you reckon? 🙂

(EDIT: Intentional thread derailment to argue the cost of boiling a cup of water in a kettle)

oldnpastit

How did the tea taste?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Eggcellent! 😆

bruneep

my wife asking if tea tasted a bit eggy?

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I had boiled eggs FOR my tea last night and they were very nice. Had soldiers made out of some posh sourdough bread. Crunchy.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

That sounds like a chicken shit idea.

granny_ring

Yuk you mucky bugger….
    Just had boiled eggs earlier, and for a change they were spot on 🙂
    How hard is it to boil an egg……?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dirty boy.

Those eggs came out of a Chickens bottom hole, the shells are never ever “clean”.

You will be ill.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

How hard is it to boil an egg……?

Really, really easy. I have a 100% perfect egg boiling record.

wiggles
    Free Member

You’re a sick man

theotherjonv

we’ve just bought a new kettle and the tea tastes shit due to the kettle having not furred up yet. Would bits of chicken poo improve it or make it worse still?

Can you boil an egg in a kettle?

granny_ring

Really, really easy. I have a 100% perfect egg boiling record.

I envy your success sir.

slowoldman

I had boiled eggs FOR my tea last night and they were very nice. Had soldiers made out of some posh sourdough bread. Crunchy.

Boiled eggs and sourdough toast for brekky today. Wonderful. Tea made from water boiled in the kettle.

prawny

I’ll boil eggs and cook pasta at the same time. Not tea, but I live in a mega hard water area so a ten minute boil is no good.

Bloody love hard boiled eggs me!

Superficial
    Free Member

I don’t recommend poaching them.

farm-boy

The one bit of advice my father gave me when I left home was not to do this. You have to stand there for 3.5 mins with your figure on the button and if they crack on the element it makes a hell of a mess.

He didn’t have any problems making tea with water that he had boiled kippers in though (not in the kettle).

scruff9252

bearnecessities – Member
    This is a man that looks to save 1p by not boiling a cup of water, what do you reckon? [/Quote]

Fun fact – boiling 1l of water, from tap temp uses near as dammit 1kWh of electricity so circa 12p depending on your tariff.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Is the OP dead yet?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yes, he’s egg-spired.

poly
    Free Member

“Fun fact – boiling 1l of water, from tap temp uses near as dammit 1kWh of electricity so circa 12p depending on your tariff.”

I think you need to buy yourself a new kettle, or perhaps its a new calculator?

globalti
    Free Member

Boiled aggs and tea made me think about the last time I had breakfast in Aleppo with a customer. Boiled eggs, black sugary tea, Arabic bread, homous, stringy cheese with poppy seeds in it, honey, almonds, yoghurt…. all brought in from the nearby fields and farmers. Don’t suppose that will ever happen again.

paladin

scruff9252 – Member

Fun fact – boiling 1l of water, from tap temp uses near as dammit 1kWh of electricity so circa 12p depending on your tariff.

….if your kettle takes 20 mins to boil then yeah

ransos
    Free Member

My kettle is rated at 3kW and takes about two and a half minutes to boil a litre of water. 2.5/60*3*12 = 1.5p.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

When I was on nights, I used to use the kettle from another guy on a different shift to do my eggs, he still doesn’t know…

2 eggs in full cold kettle, boil and leave for 7 minutes. Perfecto!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Boiled Eggs, Tea’ is closed to new replies.