Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bogtrotters’ Elterwater route
  • Cronnie
    Free Member

I have been trying to access a good route from Elterwater from said Bogtrotters’ site but I’m unable to get the route map, only the route card.
    Of course, I can still plot the route from the card but it obviously helps to see the route map.
    Without in any way paging Mr Barnes, of course, I wondered whether anyone could help with this.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Which one ? There are so many 🙂 There are loads of excellent bridleways round there, and we tend to almost randomly mix and match directions and connections. Which particular route are you having trouble with ? If it’s pre 2007 it may be stored on a different server which is currently down after a power outage last week, but obviously I have the original.

Cronnie
    Free Member

Thanks Simon

The one I did find the map for was the one called ‘Extasy’ but that seemed a little too short for a day ride. Didn’t mind really which one as I’ve never ridden round there but just wanted a route that was a little longer than that.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The map for that seems to be working, it’s here:
    (http://www.bogtrotters.org/rides/2008/23apr/map.jpg)
    I’m too busy this evening to sort something out, but how about going SO at marker 19 through High Oxen Fell and along the byway to Knipe Fold? Then you can go SO to High Cross and into Grizedale and/or cut across to Claife before returning to Elterwater. You really are spoiled for choice round there 🙂

Mapping data ©Crown copyright 2007. All rights reserved. Licence number 100043574

Cronnie
    Free Member

Cheers Simon just realising now after seeing your suggestions how the Langdale bits fit in with what I already know.

gingerflash

Simon – I’m surprised you don’t include this bit of trail.. It’s a cracking bit of techy singletrack up and then down. One of my favourite little sections in the area.

Actually there’s about 3 or 4 different singletrack routes through there, with different difficulty levels.

Cronnie
    Free Member

I can’t speak for Simon but looking at the maps online there are picture icons for that bit of trail – presumably this is a nightime/easier type of route

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Simon – I’m surprised you don’t include this bit of trail..

The bit you indicate is one of my favourite sections in the whole of the Lakes, and we do it frequently, which is why we decided to go the other way for a change 🙂 I posted the specific route we did on a night ride, and it’s not intended to be definitive.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bogtrotters’ Elterwater route’ is closed to new replies.