Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bog Trotters convert
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

A former vociferous critic and sometime stalker came for a ride with us today in Swalewdale, and what do you know ? He immediately wanted to join 🙂

I know clubs aren't for everyone, but for those who prefer to ride with their mates, it often turns out that they're not available for any number of reasons, and that's where the reliability of a greater pool of riders comes into its own. I admit some clubs are spoiled by political infighting, but for the most part we seem to be free of that! I'm not trying to promote the club as such – we already have plenty of riders – but if anyone in the northwest finds themselves at a loose end, we're always here 🙂

I shall not embarrass the person in question by naming him, though he may chose to do so himself…

fizzer
    Free Member

"A former vociferous critic and sometime stalker"

and that's putting it mildly Simon!!!

A very enjoyable day out in the Yorkshire breeze thanks.

I always maintained the stalker thing was coincidence but now I've been outed – I secretly wanted to join 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Yorkshire breeze

a masterful understatement! More like howling gale! It's not always like that in Swaledale honest:
    click pic for more

fizzer
    Free Member

it is when I go there

lowey

Gunnerside Ghyl ?

Was lovely when we did our STW northern meet there.

Fizzer… watch your back… in with the wrong un's there mate. 😆

relboy
    Free Member

Simon, what was the upshot of the rides meeting?

I couldn't make it but there has been a bit of banter lately about the risky/difficulty of some of the Wed rides.

When are you next out on a Wed night? Adrian's back and he has no one to argue with.

IanR

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Gunnerside Ghyl ?

could you doubt it ?

Fizzer… watch your back

I reckon he's old and wise enough to judge that for himself :o)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

When are you next out on a Wed night?

I shall be out this Wednesday – unless I get a better offer 🙂 I agree some of the recent Wednesday evening rides have been ambitious, but that's not entirely a bad thing so long as it doesn't discourage too many riders…

fizzer
    Free Member

Old yes, for sure – wise? hmmm…

Dave, I could be in for a double header next weekend mate 🙄

relboy
    Free Member

funny thing is some of the harder rides lately have been really well attended, newish lad Adam had what looked like a very serious off coming down Whernside the other week and it got a few of us thinking.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

well, this isn't the right place to discuss club business, but I have misgivings about riders who can only make it out midweek forcing up the difficulty of Wednesday rides

Adam was out today, and although he was flagging by the end, he's obviously recovered from his spill 🙂

ton

simonfbarnes – Member
    A former vociferous critic and sometime stalker came for a ride with us today in Swalewdale, and what do you know ? He immediately wanted to join

****, i thought you were gonna say fagus…………….. 😯

relboy
    Free Member

ouch.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

****, i thought you were gonna say fagus

now that would be straining credulity :o)

fizzer
    Free Member

Tony, just found out the fagus tale lol

lowey

****, i thought you were gonna say fagus……………..

😉

StuE
    Free Member

What was the route? done a few rides around the Dales recently, looks like a good day out

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Gunnerside, riverside BW, Grinton, Fremington, Fremington Edge, Langthwaite, Cringely Hill, Great Pinseat, Hard Level Gill, Merryfield (ironic), Swina Bank, Whin Hall, Barf End, Gunnerside

**map here**

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Where do you go on wednesday evenings? Do you use night lights or are you back before dark?

StuE
    Free Member

Cheers Simon

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Where do you go on wednesday evenings? Do you use night lights or are you back before dark?

all over south Cumbria, north Lancashire and bits of north Yorkshire. This Wednesday is Farleton Knott, which is short enough you could probably get away without lights. We have spare lights for newbies. Lights needed late August to early May, as the rides start 7.30 to 8pm. Sometimes there is a southern option in mid Lancashire too.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bog Trotters convert’ is closed to new replies.