Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Body odour.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Just walked into the toilet at work and it reeked of stale BO. Checked and it wasn’t me…
    Do you tell someone they smell?
    Would you tell someone they smell?
    How would you tell someone that their personal hygiene is way below acceptable standards?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Would you want to know if you smelt? I would.

A quiet word with HR if you don’t know them well. If you know them well make a joke of it.
    If there’s any angle (such as they cycle in the am) use that.
    Offer empathy… lie and pretend you suffered similarly until you starting using Lynx Africa?

j_me
    Free Member

Get them some driclor in the Christmas dip.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Offer them outside for a hose down

donsimon
    Free Member

Lynx Africa

What ever happened to the guy who sued Lynx because he couldn’t score? 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Alternatively just start hanging magic trees around their desk.

(This is apparently a solution used at a company I used to work at)

philconsequence
    Free Member

mmmm lynx africa, the smell of my younger teenage years.

maybe offer them a mexican shower*? agreed with TSY… jsut be blunt as chances are nobody has had the guts to say it before, i have to do this relatively regularly with patients at work and sometimes my housemate… being blunt works, even if they storm off in a stress they come back smelling like natalie portmans lady garden.

*a mexican shower, as it was known in my school, is where isntead of showering in front of the worryingly close watch of the PE teacher… you just drown yourself in lynx and then beat the women off with a stick during the next lesson 😆

Pook

I have had to tell someone they smell. I had the aforementioned ‘angle’ which was that he lived nearby, but as a result left it to the last minute to rush in to work carrying his laptop bag. I said that that while it’s admirable that he brings his own laptop in as he can work more efficiently on it, if he set off earlier he perhaps wouldn’t be so flustered when he got in.

He got the hint.

allthepies
    Free Member

come back smelling like natalie portmans lady garden.

Scampi ?

j_me
    Free Member

smelling like natalie portmans lady garden

What does her lady garden smell like ?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I was going to guess anchovies. I love the salty little buggers.

*wonders off to tell someone they smell to find out the answer*

donsimon
    Free Member

Is that link SFW?

nols
    Free Member

I have a similar conundrum. I recently started doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and one of the guys in the class has the worst breath. Like literally proper halitosis. So a great portion of the 2 hour class is spent sparring and grappling etc. The other day it was so bad that I almost puked… How do you say ‘dude your breath is so bad it makes me want to puke!’ without:
    A) hurting his feelings.
    B) getting smashed into the mat next time you spar.

j_me
    Free Member

Is that link SFW?

Urban dictionary def. Should be safe but may throw some profanity alarms.

donsimon
    Free Member

Can’t you smell it yourself though? Are these people not aware that they smell????

enduro-aid
    Free Member

there is a guy in my office right now that smells really bad its a mix of BO and beer.

we have went for the direct approch of mocking him and telling him he should wash his clothes

seems to have solved the problem as he has disappeared

philconsequence
    Free Member

@nols….

maybe suggest he has a blood sugar test? i know my dad’s diabetes is going screwy when his breath starts to knock you out.

seeing as natalie portman looked good with a shaved head, i’m assuming that level of beauty extends to all body parts. my guess is her middle-pocket smells like cinnamon and orange scented candles (mmmmm christmas)

j_me
    Free Member

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Is that another euphemism?

Pook

seems to have solved the problem as he has disappeared

How long’s it been? probably smells worse now.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Do you tell someone they smell?

Depends there are some people who just smell they wash and wash and wash and still smell. They’ve probably been told this since they were in school and its made no difference.

Then there are people who like myself who are occasionally lax with our personal hygiene we need to be told we smell. Because if we make sure we wash regularly we dont smell were just lazy.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

nah ok it hasnt solved it, hes back turns out he was “at the shop buying juice”

im thinking he went to buy some lynx

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Whilst we can all laugh…

HR job,

its possible its a health issue connected with something else, whereby someone can be clean as you like and shower three times a day, but still end up smelling sometimes. some skin conditions can do this, it presents sometimes with psoriasis for example.

if it is that, and you don’t know its a health issue, and you start bullying them over it… then HR will be involved.

toys19
    Free Member

Just leave a bottle of lynx on his desk..

Junkyard
    Free Member

This is apparently a solution used at a company I used to work at)

You asked why you ahd all the trees admit it

one of the guys in the class has the worst breath.

I had a rotten tooth once and this made my breath stink whilst waiting to have it removed. Get the hardest person in the club to tell him

turboferret

We had an office cleaner in Serbia who smelled so bad we needed to open all of the windows whenever she came into a room. None of the staff would say anything to her, so it came down to me. Floods of tears, tales of woe etc.

From then on the stench of horrible perfume was more overpowering, but probably slightly less offensive.

Cheers, Rich

SonicBoomBoy
    Free Member

nols – Member
    I have a similar conundrum. I recently started doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and one of the guys in the class has the worst breath. Like literally proper halitosis. So a great portion of the 2 hour class is spent sparring and grappling etc. The other day it was so bad that I almost puked… How do you say ‘dude your breath is so bad it makes me want to puke!’ without:
    A) hurting his feelings.
    B) getting smashed into the mat next time you spar.

Halitosis, its a classic example of Constipation. 😯

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Body odour.’ is closed to new replies.